• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 225

You may well be over-driving it if it getting real hot.

I have the same box, but have not run it in awhile. Cannot remember what it did exactly. I think it uses a 75w device @12.5vdc. So two should do 150 to 175w output @13.8vdc with 10w/PEP input - using a 50 ohm dummy load to measure the output..
After some rearranging stuff and swapping to a shorter jumper cable my numbers reflect more of what you said. Probably had some fluff watts going on. 13.8 is about what I run too..

Changing a ju

Yup, they have gone way up since they are no longer made. When the supply is gone then prices will really skyrocket.

Also changing a jumper like that should not change anything for the most part, you might have a mis match between the amp and radio. Changing a jumper does not solve the problem. I am currently running a Silver Streak 175 in the mobile. Same 1446 finals. I run 90% SSB and with only 8-10 watts of drive from a Magnum Delta Force that amp will hit 150-160 easy watts. If I drive it with 16-18 watts it will do more power but the amp gets warm fast because it's being overdriven.

Last edited:
Changing a ju

Yup, they have gone way up since they are no longer made. When the supply is gone then prices will really skyrocket.

Also changing a jumper like that should not change anything for the most part, you might have a mis match between the amp and radio. Changing a jumper does not solve the problem. I am currently running a Silver Streak 175 in the mobile. Same 1446 finals. I run 90% SSB and with only 8-10 watts of drive from a Magnum Delta Force that amp will hit 150-160 easy watts. If I drive it with 16-18 watts it will do more power but the amp gets warm fast because it's being overdriven.
Yeah, not that the length changed anything, but I think my SWR was suffering a little so I changed it out with the shorter one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.