• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 250 HD problems

thehillbilly

Jan 6, 2012
:mad: when i key up then release the button my cb acts like im still keyed up high rf but no sound only when amp is on anybody had this problem any ideas

cobra 29 galaxy 250 hd amp co-phased 102 inch whips

You have stray RF that's getting into the keying circuit on the amp. Double check all connections and coaxes and make sure everything is tight, and there's nothing pinched, cut, or scraped. Make sure all your devices are properly grounded as well. It'd probably help too if you ran just one of the 102's, instead of both. Hope this helps!

~Cheers~

I believe the best thing you can do is to make sure the shielding on your coax has a proper bonding to the body/chassis of the vehicle and not depending on the coax's connection to ground through the radio's mounting/power connections to ground and if common mode currents are present this will show up in all devices connected to the feed line.

Best place to bond your coax is very near where it connects at the antennas' mount and if you have extra coax going to the antenna that it is coiled up and thus creating a choke to stave off cmc's/

noted on the 102s i really like running them both one on the front bumper one on the middle of the bed i was wondering if im reflecting a lot of rf back on the cable bout to check it now

Off hand should be one of the below or a combination of.

1) Your antenna setup needs help. Are you using a proper 75 ohm co-phase harness?
2) An amp that does not want to un-key needs better ground.
3) Double check your jumper, use at least a 6 foot jumper.
4) That janky dual 102's really bugs me. Dump it for A pedator 10k or single 102"

You might bench test the amp on a base to rule it out as a cause. Then you know the antenna and grounds need attention.

Reactions: 1 person
100w from the radio or amp? 100 out of the amp is about right for medium. its uses a pair of 2990's or mrf 455's.

installed grounding straps on the antennas works great now adjusted how i had the amp plugged in now close to 200 amps thanks guys (y) ^can not stand it^

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.