• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 949

megatron

Aug 18, 2008
Cincinnati
was back at treasure island again i took the box to the guy in building 2.. headed down to building 5
where wayne is spoke to his fiancee i asked what radio is a good seller she said cobra,galaxy, general lee
this guy told me he bought a galaxy 949 for $5 from a guy wanting gas money, the radio is $149
he loves the radio for that price i'll be getting that next month, i'll take the uniden back
and tell rob i have to turn the vol up to hear anyone :blink:

Yeah you can't pass up a 949 for cheap. EASY to get many extra channels. Just cut two wires and put them on switches.

Mod and channel chart is on cbtricks.com

See if you can find a 959 cheap. Same radio with frequency counter, same easy mod

These radios have mosfet finals and will swing up to 30-35 watts with a proper peak and tune. Good luck!

sparkys also does an alignment and opens the clarifier on his offering too .

What is it going in? A car - or is it to be used as a base station? What kind of antenna, coax, mic, and so on do you have for your setup? Tell us some details please!

It is a good thing that you got a radio with SSB. I almost never talk on AM mode. SSB has some very serious radio operators. I think you will do well to start off right with a decent radio like the 949.

i have it hooked up in my mom's van.. next is getting the cb slide mount
i have it where there's like a glove box i have it sitting inside, i'm using a wilson 1000 antenna using the mike that came with it

got my radio today.. only paid $150 for it wayne peaked it for me
he doen't have no warranty

so you paid $150 for a 949 with no warranty .
did you read any of the relies folks gave you in your thread asking about the 949 ?

yes i did read the replies.. i had the money so i got me one a guy
at treasure island a vendor had a 959 for sale for $100 used a couple of times
look mint not a scratch on it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.