• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 66v swing mod

Swing kit/NPC whatever same crap.
I disagree, my experience tells me they are not the same modifications.

Unless Member 3006 has returned his radio to factory configuration, he cannot set the modulation with a cheap meter, and be relatively certain the radio won't splatter.
ANY TIME you introduce a modification to one of the TX stages you must have at least an oscilloscope to make sure the output is relatively clean.

This is crucial for radios (mobile or not) that are used for a base station, unless you live in the boonies and don't care about any spectral purity/regulations.

Last edited:
I disagree, my experience tells me they are not the same modifications.

Unless Member 3006 has returned his radio to factory configuration, he cannot set the modulation with a cheap meter, and be relatively certain the radio won't splatter.
ANY TIME you introduce a modification to one of the TX stages you must have at least an oscilloscope to make sure the output is relatively clean.

This is crucial for radios (mobile or not) that are used for a base station, unless you live in the boonies and don't care about any spectral purity/regulations.
Would you like to explain the difference? On a galaxy what mod is a swing kit and what mod is an NPC?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.