• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-959 freq counter sixth digit mod

Why would you need the 6th digit? I never understood the need for a counter in the first place in a radio that has a channel selector and not a vfo. :blink:

Point well taken

(y)I'm thinking that maybe I'd like to go amateur someday as I got sweaty hands when I saw The Yeticom Optima. I'm planning on doing the clarifier mod on my 959 but that don't slide but one either way. With this mod you could slide it more. I'm doing a lot of inforamatio gathering as I have been out of the radio scene for a long time. I like being on ssb a lot and hopefully with people who don't need their mouths washed out with soap.

It is an ego booster that lets them know that They're on frequency(y)

LOL, Once done all that last number will do is drift all around anyway. That's why it says Galaxy on the front, they make some of the best sailboats.

video has been removed do to @$$ fuck$ you can delete this account as well i will never take the time to help a @$$ fuck$ for free from this point on i will be charging for the info i give out worldwide@$$fuck$.com

Last edited:
The post you replied to is from 2012, digging up bones are ya?

As for modding the 959, why not just use a REAL amateur rig for the ham bands?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.