• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy dx94hp

rockyroad217

Aug 14, 2014
Hey all, I've been messing around with this radio for a little bit now and have noticed a significant spur on 28.380 when transmitting on 27.285. The only thing done to this radio since new was the conversion for 11 meters. Is there any way to rectify this? From what I can gather it's the mixer causing this. I was thinking maybe trying a low pass filter to filter some of the harmonics, but I don't know if that would filter the spur at all or not. I don't want anything splattering on the ham bands. And my thinking may be way off base, but that's why I'm asking here. Don't be too hard on me please lol

I was told the problem is the mixer isn't linear and the harmonics are causing the radio to emit a spur on the 10 meter band and there is no real fix for it because it is the nature of the design. I guess I will sell this radio as I don't want to cause any harmful interference on amateur radio bands

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.