• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx979f

Cpt shakes

Jul 1, 2015
My galaxy DX 959 took a crap on me so I had to make a decision. Did I want to buy a nother 959 or get something different. I chose a galaxy DX 979 F. It is the same radio as the DX 959, except in a smaller package. I did the swing mod. I did the voltage regulator mod. This radio performs absolutely fantasticly.

Attachments

• IMG_20170228_004618.jpg
    IMG_20170228_004618.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35

See you added an echo board. You could put the adjustment knob out the back of the radio instead of hacking a hole in the top or bottom casings. I have an older DX 979 (non F) and like it. Not the loudest Galaxy I have modulation wise, but it does have SSB and a jack for a freq. counter.

Hope you get many years of service from it.

Once you do the am swing modification and the voltage regulator modification it brings audio out of these radios like you cannot possibly imagine.
I use these particular echo boards because they have a gain control on them. I use them more for the amplification than I do the echo sound. However, just a little tiny bit accents the audio without really changing it like echo would.
I set the controls where I wanted them and put them inside of the radio. I've then connected a toggle switch and put it in the back of the radio so I could turn the echo board off and use the radio on side band.
Those two modifications combined with the Trb-3 echo board make this an exceptional talking and sounding radio. I absolutely love it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated