• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GE EM28A Base Microphone to GE Super Base wiring help needed

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I have a friend that bought a rebadged Shure 450 it lable is GE-EM28A he wants to wire this to his GE Super Base but this microphone isnt wired correctly for radi and had I believe some sort of PA type plug Im guessing maybe an XLR stle or I believe he said it was a huge 4 pin PA style plug setup. Hes going nuts trying to get this wired up to match his GE Super Base any help would be appreciated. Im sure others have had to deal with this along the line I havent seen the Microphone and hes not from my town but Ide still like to help him out if I can.

His wires on the microphone are,White or clear / shield red and black that go to push to talk and the GE super base wiring at the plug is 1 Audio, 2 Shield, 3 black RX, 4 Red TX, He has no receive and a squeal through the radio speaker in this configuration if black from RX is combined with shield on mic plug theres perfect TX but no RX. If its wired back to original configuration and a jumper is installed from black to shield inside the microphone he has receive but a loud audible hum on Transmit through radio speaker and on the air when un-keying receive comes back and all is fine. 3 wires come from the microphone element to the push to talk switch they are Red Orange and Shield. What needs to be done for this to work correctly.

Thanks.....Tony

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?