• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GOLDEN EAGLE MARK 4 ...LOW PING?

S

scott99cobra99

MY MARK 4 PING CAN BEARLEY BE HEARD ON THE SPEAKER WHEN I KEY DOWN...IT USED TO BE QUIT LOUD...ANY IDEAS?

THANKS 73'S

SCOTT

</p>

could be that the cap that controls the squeel is bad or has leaked just about all the way down.

Number13va@cox.net

davemade6.gif

Nat. Rep for Davemade Customer Service and Support</p>

1969 was 48 years ago, not 38, lmao.

That must be the first question ever asked of the interwebs.
OR the internal PC battery clock died and he never fixed it... Just a thought anyway I figured out to fix my MKIV ping.. I'll tell how I did it 48 years from today (If I'm still alive)

This forum got "switched over" from one server platform to a new one about 9 or 10 years ago. Pretty sure the new server was some sort of Unix-type platform. Don't know what the old one was. Apparently the dates in the old forum database were in the wrong format. Any time a calendar-date variable in a Linux/Unix system gets read as zero (like when a database is formatted wrong) it reads out as Jan 1, 1970. Unix-type systems store calendar date/time as the number of system "jiffies" (1/60th of a second) that have passed since midnight Jan 1, 1970. A database date/time field that gets erased to zero causes that date to be displayed.

I have seen this happen when a winblows database gets ported to Linux.

A lot of member info and such got corrupted or lost in the switchover, but the posts came through okay. But with bogus dates on all of them.

Still looks a bit sketchy at first glance.

Reactions: BBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated