• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Golden Hooker

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
As the title says, Ive got a Golden Hooker 2 pill amp that a freind brought me, Ive had it for over 6 months and have not been able to find out what make and model it was,,,, until today,,, i was looking on ebay and came across another amp that is the same as what i have here, i went to google and typed in every possible combination i could think of to find some info about this amp, im comeing up empty, what im looking for is some schematics, and any other info on this amp, i have no idea who makes it or when it was made, all i know at this point is, its a golden hooher 2 pill, so any info would be gret,,,,, thank you,,,,,mark

My first amp was a Hooker-100, I bought it brand new in 1975.......

339076260_tp.jpg

What kinda power transistors does it have in it, can you post some pictures of it?

well i kinda feel dumb for not knowing how to post pictures on here, if i figured it out i would be more then glad to post pictures ,,,, as far the power transistors its got,,,mrf 455a 724. he brought it to me becuz the linear part wouldt work, he said the pre amp worked, so when i got it, i tested it out, when you turn the linear on you couldnt talk through it, , pre amp does work, you can talk through that part, not to sure about the rest of it, i found part of the linear but ill have to find the rest of it, so maybe tomorrow ill have some pictures of it ready to put up here,,,,,mark

As the title says, Ive got a Golden Hooker 2 pill amp that a freind brought me, Ive had it for over 6 months and have not been able to find out what make and model it was,,,, until today,,, i was looking on ebay and came across another amp that is the same as what i have here, i went to google and typed in every possible combination i could think of to find some info about this amp, im comeing up empty, what im looking for is some schematics, and any other info on this amp, i have no idea who makes it or when it was made, all i know at this point is, its a golden hooher 2 pill, so any info would be gret,,,,, thank you,,,,,mark

I have a few little Mini Hooker amps....really nice small amps.
For a schematic you could pretty much use a schematic for any amp that used MRF455's... basically you should be able to get by with a similar schematic.
There might be some small differences...but all those style amps are very similar on the inside.

Elwin electronics I bought one for my husband and it came with its original (old and slightly yellowed though complete and readable) paperwork and certificate with serial number and warranty card (though expired) but the company is no longer in business. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: space cowboy
Elwin electronics I bought one for my husband and it came with its original (old and slightly yellowed though complete and readable) paperwork and certificate with serial number and warranty card (though expired) but the company is no longer in business. Hope this helps. :)
caspear1978 was last seen:
Oct 30, 2014
Doesn't mean someone down the road wouldn't appreciate being able to see the paperwork if you were to post a scan/photo of the paperwork.

Reactions: Robb
caspear1978 was last seen:
Oct 30, 2014
Doesn't mean someone down the road wouldn't appreciate being able to see the paperwork if you were to post a scan/photo of the paperwork.
Would this be a subtle request for me to upload a photo? Because by starting off a response with Doesn't mean... Makes it sound as if my post was part of a debate or argument, which was not my intention. I simply answered the original posters question asking who the company was that put out the Golden Hooker.

No, not a request. I don't have one. Just a thought that someone down the road might appreciate seeing what you have on it. CB stuff is fading away and the documentation is disappearing as fast if not faster than the equipment.
No idea how you would get a debate out of what I typed.

Would this be a subtle request for me to upload a photo? Because by starting off a response with Doesn't mean... Makes it sound as if my post was part of a debate or argument, which was not my intention. I simply answered the original posters question asking who the company was that put out the Golden Hooker.
Even though this thread is old, the information is still relevant.

Reactions: Robb
Information is always relevant, even when it's not, lol.

I do not currently own a Golden Hooker, however, should I ever run across one, I will likely buy it, just on account of the name. Then, any documentation that I could find on it would be something I would be thankful for.

Reactions: LeapFrog

His reply was pretty straight foreword. This is a 7 year old thread, and the person you were trying to reply to has not been here since 2014. He thought posting a scan of the information would put it out there for anyone to see. That's pretty much it, no biggie either way.

His reply was pretty straight foreword. This is a 7 year old thread, and the person you were trying to reply to has not been here since 2014. He thought posting a scan of the information would put it out there for anyone to see. That's pretty much it, no biggie either way.
Even older now! But I'm looking for a manual!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.