• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grundig Satellite 750 antenna

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
picking up a Grundig Satellite 750 today, i still have a rg8x coax running to a 102" whip on my roof, would this be ok to use for now as a antenna(better than the internal antenna)??

what would be better, when weather warms up i could use the coax and connect to a length of wire along the length of my rooftop?

also if i do use the 102 whip for now do i have to worry about transmitting on my 11m radio and gainmaster antenna that is fairly close to the other antenna, if the grundig is receiving on another band?

picking up a Grundig Satellite 750 today, i still have a rg8x coax running to a 102" whip on my roof, would this be ok to use for now as a antenna(better than the internal antenna)??

In general, any external outdoor antenna is better than a built-in antenna indoors.

what would be better, when weather warms up i could use the coax and connect to a length of wire along the length of my rooftop?

For simply receiving, the wire along the rooftop might work. I'd suggest trying to get it up off the roof as far as I could. In the rain, the roof would tend to absorb a bit (or more) of the received signal.

also if i do use the 102 whip for now do i have to worry about transmitting on my 11m radio and gainmaster antenna that is fairly close to the other antenna, if the grundig is receiving on another band?

I'd recommend you pay careful attention to just how close the antennas are, and your transmitted power level. At legal CB power levels, you might be safe if the antennas are separated by ten feet or more. Note that's "MIGHT" be safe...

You may find that it's harder than you think to do better than the internal antenna on the 750. There are some electronics on that circuit (I don't remember what exactly and wouldn't know it if I did) that make the attached whip work pretty well.

I mention this because adding 20-40 feet of wire may not produce any better results than the internal antenna. I had a 20' piece of wire strung to a tree just outside my window that I used to use for a G4 and 450 and found it really didn't help my 750 much. 100' fed by RG6 worked great.

Also, I think you'll be happier if you can get the wire as far away from the house as possible. Running along the roof keeps it close to sources of interference in your house that you won't hear if the wire is running away from theh house.

The 750 is a rockin' radio. I hope you enjoy it.

nice, ill give the internal antenna a try and compare it to the whip antenna i have outside..

just got word the package is waiting for me at home!!

Having my satellit 750 delivered today from eton. Anything a newbie should know that you can share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Somewhere here I had a brandnew shortwave recieving antenna still in the package its copper with the insulaters and all Ide sell ya if I find it or remember where it is at.

An inverted V or straight long wire ran horizontal is the best you can do as far as these bands go. i actually had a few of these recieve antennas here somewhere in the masses of antennas and equipment I have.

Having my satellit 750 delivered today from eton. Anything a newbie should know that you can share?

The Yahoo group for the 750 is HERE.

And from that group, this is VERY important:

" To turn off the beep: power off the unit. power-on the unit THEN press 0 for 3 seconds it should turn the beep off. ----------- (someone else commented that it might be closer to 5 seconds) "

As nice as the radio is, the beep on every button press is truly annoying to most folks.

Enjoy the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?