• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HamSphere virtual Ham Radio

WheatStone

Aug 17, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I am currently on holiday and got bored of sun and beaches :) so I browsed around a bit and stumbled accross this Ham Radio software called HamSphere. It is pretty cool actually as it differs from the other VOIP softwares such as CQ100.

This software uses Software Defined Radio technology and for some reason it feels like using a real Icom shortwave Ham rig. They have two modes on it and you can actually shut the shortwave simulation off on the 6 and 10 meter bands but the simulation itself is kinda cool with real splatter and sideband modulation. There is a built in log book and ability to create and send digital QSL cards too.

Price tag about 25 Sterling per year which I found affordable and they have many users, there always seems to be someone on which I found pretty good. My first contact I made on the system was with Macau and that's a DX for me anyway.

Here is the link: HamSphere - Ham Radio Software

Cheers
Peter W

HI PETER
Yes it is a fun voip communication.
They have over 3-4000 thousand stns on...many are on the NO antenna neighborhoods or ham radio is restricted..a lot of fun and as you say contacts 24/7
DOCTOR

I've played around with Hamsphere and agree that it's very cool. The simulation is amazingly realistic. There's another program called CQ100 that's similar but doesn't have the simulator. An interesting thing about CQ100 is that there APPEARS to be some 10 meter repeaters cross-linked into it. Don't know how they're doing it (through EchoLink, maybe?) but that is cool as well.

Last edited:
Fake radio...wow. I've used Echolink to monitor some favorite distant repeaters but simulated HF seems to little weird to me. It would be very similar to playing an online MMO game.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated