• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hanging out on FM

I am supposed to get off work tomorrow at 3pm CST. I will be home by 3:30 cst. I will fire up the old ts-440 if anyone is around then. Well I will fire it up anyway. If no one is on fm I will shoot on over to the club freq and try there.

73 kj4unx

10 meterAM/FM

wont be long before the sporadic E skip gets going regular .Be ready for a roller coaster ride next three months . call cq when you can even at 10-11 PM you w may get a surprise when a station answers . the band will still be hit and miss but as the season kicks off there will be more hits i have had many a qso at midnight the band will open to different areas or directions throughout the day
last Thursday i worked NC from Texas on 6 & 10 meter FM with 50 watts and a vertical. First good E opening this season only lasted a couple of hours though
the " E" Gods were just teasing us

73 RCB

E-layer prop...

Was my "cable" TV back in the day.

I'd be watching new distant stations and spinning the VFO at the same time.

I hooked a TV up to my six element 6m yagi and went looking for stations on ch 2 as we had no locals on air on ch 2. I was picking up several stations great depending on the beam heading. Pretty cool to see a TV station in Ottawa and then have it fade out an another from Chicgaco come in as the beam is rotated and then yet another from New York. Then I came to my senses and unhooked the TV and connected the antenna to my 6m radio. :)

Reactions: 1 person
10m FM is a hoot at times.One can`t forget old UK FM mode CB radio that was modified for 10m but no offsets. It runs about 6 watts on high and 1 watt on low power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember them well. in fact I still have one. A buddy brought me one over from the UK. It was modded for 10m and was my first mobile 10m FM radio. I had an IC-735 in the house but I installed the DNT CB40FM in the car for a little FM fun. I left the Hi-LO switch as it was but used the DX-LOC switch to give me more channels so it covered from about 28.900-29.700 MHz.

DNT_B40FM.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.