• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anyone had issues with usps priority mail??

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I sent off a postal money order via usps priority mail to Texas on Wednesday the 4th and I live in Arizona and he should of gotten by now

the post office told me to give it till Monday

should I be worried at all?

has anyone had issues like this before?

the money order is for radio gear

I don't normally have any problems with USPS... but I ordered a couple of mic cables from W2IHY last week, and it took two days longer than what it was supposed to. And we had a pretty nasty ice storm that locked up a lot of the major highways. It's melting now, and I would expect the roads to be decent tomorrow. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

RT307

I have always had good luck with USPS, and I agree the weather is likely taking it`s tool.
I live in sunny CA, you know the place where everyone thinks it is 78 year round and we has the first snow of the winter yesterday, this morning me and mr chainsaw were removing brush from the front yard from down limbs.

Nothing like the smell of 2 stroke oil in the morning while you work in the snow.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
I have always had good luck with USPS, and I agree the weather is likely taking it`s tool.
I live in sunny CA, you know the place where everyone thinks it is 78 year round and we has the first snow of the winter yesterday, this morning me and mr chainsaw were removing brush from the front yard from down limbs.

Nothing like the smell of 2 stroke oil in the morning while you work in the snow.

Jeff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :love: WE haven't had ANY snow here yet Jeff. Me and my Tundra 4x4 with new studded snow tires are just waiting for it. :D

Sorry Jeff but damn that felt good to say that.

Jeff

Audio,

You mean they still let you run a 2 stroke chainsaw in CA? I figured that would be against the emissions laws out there. :D

weather and the holiday..

the holiday really craps things up. during the holiday crap a 2 day trip can turn into a 2 week trip.

You mean they still let you run a 2 stroke chainsaw in CA? I figured that would be against the emissions laws out there.

Up here in the mountains we have managed to escape that so far.
The restrictions down in the central valley another story, that is why we live up here.

Jeff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! WE haven't had ANY snow here yet Jeff. Me and my Tundra 4x4 with new studded snow tires are just waiting for it.

I did not think it was going to drop that much but yesterday morning It was snowing like mad, I made the mistake of not parking the truck up on the highway.
I have a very steep driveway.
I chained up and made a run at it, pushed snow for about 6 feet and spun.
Four more tries ended the same way, the fifth time I almost slid off in the ditch next to the drive.

I put on my pac boots and walked to work.
Mother nature = 1
Jeff = 0

Jeff

So I sent that money order via usps priority mail from Arizona to Highland texas a week ago today, and he still has not gotten it yet, is anyone having issues with there mail being delayed?

radioman24, I don't work for the Post Office, but I would take a guess that your mail went through the big post office in Fort Worth on its way to the Houston area. Houston did not get hit, but Fort Worth/Dallas were locked up pretty bad from Thursday afternoon all the way until yesterday with ice on the roads. Temps have been below freezing (around 22 degrees) up until now. I travelled from Fort Worth to Brenham, and over to Houston today. Roads are all clear south of Fort Worth now. I would give it another day or two.

On edit, I talked to a lady mail carrier this afternoon (I'm in Pasadena, near Houston), and she said the mail is definitely running behind due to the snow/ice in Texas. She said that your mail probably went through Fort Worth, and that all mail goes to the North Houston station before being dispersed to the Houston metro area. Again, I think you should give it another day or two before really worrying too much.

RT307

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.