• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heil goldline gm-4 MICROPHONE,

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
Up for sale is a used Goldline gm-4 Microphone with the Dream Machine for DX and contest operations. I am asking 65.00 Shipped USPS Ground.With tracking info. Payment by PayPal.

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 9

Here Is what BOB HEIL emailed me about the microphone.

Bi....the Goldline has two elements. A broadcast element in the wide position. IT was designed to have nice low frequency. The HC 4 is the ultimate Dream Machine for DX and contest operations as we have reduced the low frequency and increased th mids and highs.

Hope this helps explains
BOB HEIL

In simple terms, the wide audio sounds nice and smooth and the narrow DX switch sounds like s**t. DX mode is for cutting through pileups to be heard and wasn't intended for good sound.

I own one and occasionally use it.

Good mic for the price you're selling it for.

Good luck.

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
I'd do $60, just because it looks badass

Actually, quit a few years ago, in candid conversation, Bob said he was going to introduce a new line of microphones and that he was going to get rich from their sales.

When asked why they would sell so many, he said: I'm going to gold plate them.

Reactions: wavrider
In all honesty that does seem like a good price and I would probably be interested if I had a radio that could take advantage of it.

IMHO narrow DX audio may not be what you want to run all the time but it has its purpose, that's why it's on a switch. A nice sounding mic that can be switched into DX mode when needed and then back out would be a nice thing to have.

Good luck with the sale.

On my 1000D it's only using 4 pins out of 8. Can't see why you could not use it on other 4 pin radio's as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated