• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with Neighbor Interference

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
Okay I have posted up on here before about interference. I strongly think that my neighbor is growing weed. I have this interference for 12 hours a day from just before 6am till just before 6pm, some day's longer

I have been over there twice and asked him nicely if he had bought and new electronic devices like t.v's, computer's he said no so I waited and went back over like a week later than I said I am still getting this interference I had asked him what he has on a 12 hour timer he said nothing to his knowledge than I asked him what about in his detached carport/ shed than that's when he got all upset and started cussing

so what else can I do? I can't get him to co-operate with me and this 7 to 9 pounds of noise has got to go!!

any idea's that will not get me into trouble?

thank you!!!

Head over there with some weed so he'll let his guard down or just monitor his electric meter and compare readings with yours. His usage will be much higher unless he's using LEDs.

First of all, growing weed is no different from growing corn. For the first 3 months, they both go thru the 'vegetative stage' where it grows tall and establishes a strong root system. Following the vegetative stage, the 'flowering stage' is what produces the final product.

But if he is growing weed, then the lighting will be on a special timer that increases the amount of light per day incrimentally, as the flowering stage has a longer light cycle. Equal days and night is what happens in Spring; and as Summer approaches it has longer days than nights - comparatively. Unless the time is increasing slightly day by day that you might document, then he might not be growing anything at all.

Before you accuse him, you might want to account for the times you hear the noises.
Could be something else completely different than what you thought.

Have you tried to talk to him about his noise problem?
Are you sure it is him - and not you?

If you have an LED computer screen like most people do, they also shed a LOT of noise too. Even the best brands do that.

Last edited:
There are a number of things that can cause issues like that why do you assume your neighbor is growing?

There are a number of things that can cause issues like that why do you assume your neighbor is growing?

I have asked him 2 time's in the past, like have you bought any new electronic equipment like new t.v's, or computer gear he said no, than I asked him what he has on a timer he said I have no idea, now how would he not know? I have gone as far as turning off all my breakers in my house and the noise is still there, I drive past his house in my mobile, the noise goes up from 5lbs to 20lbs in front of his house, than his lady yelled at me through there screen door saying it's your problem not ours, so what else do I do?? and I cant look at his electric meter because his yard is blocked by a stucco wall.

Call the the local cop shop hang up call Report domestic disturbance woman screaming at the PIA'S address PD is required to do a walk through on domestic calls

Okay I have posted up on here before about interference. I strongly think that my neighbor is growing weed. I have this interference for 12 hours a day from just before 6am till just before 6pm, some day's longer

I have been over there twice and asked him nicely if he had bought and new electronic devices like t.v's, computer's he said no so I waited and went back over like a week later than I said I am still getting this interference I had asked him what he has on a 12 hour timer he said nothing to his knowledge than I asked him what about in his detached carport/ shed than that's when he got all upset and started cussing

so what else can I do? I can't get him to co-operate with me and this 7 to 9 pounds of noise has got to go!!

any idea's that will not get me into trouble?

thank you!!!
I'm having a similar problem in my area as well. What channels are you picking it up on ? Mine are between ch. 1,2,3. I'm getting about 7- 9 s units. To me , the noise coming through my radio sounds like an engine running at a high rpm.

If he is causing the noise; then by law he is the responsible party . . .

Only if Radioman24 is a licensed ham. If not he's pretty much SOL from the standpoint of reporting it to the FCC or power company. A CB radio is a device that must accept radio interference but not cause it to a licensed service. Amateur Radio on the other hand is a protected service.

I
Only if Radioman24 is a licensed ham. If not he's pretty much SOL from the standpoint of reporting it to the FCC or power company. A CB radio is a device that must accept radio interference but not cause it to a licensed service. Amateur Radio on the other hand is a protected service.
I'm pretty sure that all UL listed electrical devices have the same decal on them stating that they must not cause interference. Could be a loophole.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_47_CFR_Part_15

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/interference-defining-source

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.