1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with rfi

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Rcr619, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jay Mojave

Jay Mojave
    Expand Collapse

Hello R71 and All: Yeah good deal, I also wanted to say thank you to Nomadradio there for his great input on Modulation Technique adjustment vrs the TVI issue. Good stuff to know from hands on experience. And the 3CX800 tube swap, impressive.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

2. Rcr619

Rcr619
    Expand Collapse

I finally had some free time tpday to try and figure this out.
    I found a single small wire taped to my antenna tower. I followed it back into the house through a hole that the satellite coax runs through. Across the ceiling taped to the satellite cable right into another hole in my living room upstairs straight into the antenna jack of the surround sound.

My only guess is one of the kids ran a wire outside to get a better signal for the stereo, and it also explains where a brand new roll of wire went.

ShadeTreeMechanic and wavrider like this.
  3. Sonar

Sonar
    Expand Collapse

Check out the first 50 seconds of this clip. You'll probably wind up watching the whole clip itself, but the first 50 seconds might give you a very good idea or at least eliminate the issue which is brought up in the video. Good luck 73

I don't know why the video doesn't want to play. I think you're familiar with Mike and his page. You can look up the video listed as
    (golden screwdrivers stop playing with and adjusting the 54 megahertz trap filter circuit in CB radios)
    good luck my friend.

#18 Sonar, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. Riverman71

Riverman71
    Expand Collapse

I can't get the video to play. Get error message that says, "This video is unavailable."

5. 357

Expand Collapse
    Walkin' the dog

Riverman71 and Sonar like this.
  6. Sonar

Sonar
    Expand Collapse

Thanks 357.

#21 Sonar, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017