• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Henry 3kD Premier ( 3cx1200D7 model)

Crusher

May 12, 2007
Louisville, KY
Anyone know what the proper glitch resistor is for this unit? It's the desktop model. Glitch is blown, had bypass capacitor at Millen connector short. I think it's a 10ohm at 20w but not positive. Anyone know?

Closest thing I see to a "glitch" resistor goes from Bee-Minus to the (+) side of the plate-current meter.

This would be R5. Says 25 ohm 25 Watt.

A short from the B+ to the chassis would put the surge current through the grid-meter shunt resistors R10 and R11. Hmm. Would go through the Plate-meter shunt resistors R12 and R13 as well.

The negative side of the HV doesn't normally go to ground, but to the tube's cathode through the relay. Since the grid is grounded, a short to ground goes through the grid-meter circuit.

Time for the calibrated eyeball. Find all the roached parts. May be more than one.

Attachments

• Henry_3KD_Premier_8877.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 481
Reactions: Crusher
Oh I'm sure their is several issues. Will have to go thru it all. 25 ohm 25w sounds closer to what I was thinking. But I've only worked on one of these and guy lost manual. Also thinking of putting a glitch from Millen to plate choke somewhere. I hate all these little disc capacitors they used instead of real doorknobs for bypassing

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.