1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here it is: The new Kenwood TH-D72 APRS HT!

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Moleculo, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

My local Ham Radio Outlet got their first shipment of Kenwood TH-D72's in this morning, so I went over during lunch to pick one up. Here's a few quick pictures of what the radio looks like!

[​IMG]

I quickly figured out how to enable the APRS TNC (without reading the manual) and started receiving stations!

[​IMG]

After topping off the battery charge, I turned on the GPS and after a few minutes it locked on and reported my position:

[​IMG]

More pictures and an official review to come as I start to play with this exciting new HT!

2. depark

depark
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Yaesu VX8 series HT's. It looks good.(y)

3. Brlux

Brlux
    Expand Collapse

Has Kenwood released the programing software yet?

Is there any other manuals or documentation that came with it other than that was posted here on the Forum?

Thanks, I am anxiously awaiting your review.

Edit: I found the software here.
    http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

4. Moleculo

Moleculo
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, yes, and yes.

I'll start a complete thread on this HT as soon as possible. I'm uploading some more pictures as I'm typing... (y)

5. TonyV225

TonyV225
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I was looking at getting another one so Ill wait to see what you say about this one. IO was looking at Yaesu ofcourse its my first choice or personal favorite but I like my Kenwoods aswell. So Ill wait until you give a review ;):pop: