• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi Drive Amp

RunAway15

Apr 9, 2017
So I sent my DaveMade 2x4 and had it staged out where it can be ran as a straight 4 pill or a 2x4. Question is can I get the DK on the high side of my General Lee low enough to run the straight 4, and keep the low side set for the 2x4? If not I will send my radio to have a variable put in it.

Can I ask what you are gaining by doing this? A straight 4 and the general lee should be a great combo. Why over complicate it and lower the reliably?
Not sure I'm following you. I understand those would be a great match. I've been running them together for a decade, but had the amp staged where I can get another decade from it just using the straight 4. I bought it as a 2x4 in 2007. Have been babying it for years because I didn't realize till later that what I really needed was a straight 4. Not going to completely remove the driver all together. That wouldn't make sense seeing how I could use it with just about any radio by staging it as a 2, or 4 or a 2x4..

Not sure I'm following you. I understand those would be a great match. I've been running them together for a decade, but had the amp staged where I can get another decade from it just using the straight 4. I bought it as a 2x4 in 2007. Have been babying it for years because I didn't realize till later that what I really needed was a straight 4. Not going to completely remove the driver all together. That wouldn't make sense seeing how I could use it with just about any radio by staging it as a 2, or 4 or a 2x4..

I can understand you leaving the driver in the amp for low power radios. I'd rather have a 1x4 for that but that's another discussion.

Why mess with the general lee? Why not just leave the general lee alone and use your amp as a straight 4 pill with it? If you have to send it out to have a variable installed what are you getting for your money?

I can understand you leaving the driver in the amp for low power radios. I'd rather have a 1x4 for that but that's another discussion.

Why mess with the general lee? Why not just leave the general lee alone and use your amp as a straight 4 pill with it? If you have to send it out to have a variable installed what are you getting for your money?
Oh, I gotcha... Yeah, just to be able to adjust the low power DK. So, you agree that I could drive the straight 4 with the high power on the GL?

Oh, I gotcha... Yeah, just to be able to adjust the low power DK. So, you agree that I could drive the straight 4 with the high power on the GL?

I don't know how your general lee is set up. If you adjust the radio to get 125 watts deadkey out of the 4 pill and let it swing you will be golden.

I ran a dual final rig behind a 4 pill xforce years ago. It worked very well.

Reactions: BBB and RunAway15
I don't know how your general lee is set up. If you adjust the radio to get 125 watts deadkey out of the 4 pill and let it swing you will be golden.

I'm running a dual final export (Galaxy 88) into a 4x2879 LipZipper and am seeing the numbers 543 stated above. No problems whatsoever. I have run a Galaxy 95T2 (2x2290) into the same amp, saw some big meter numbers, generated a lot of heat, and gotten no better on-air performance. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunAway15
I'm running a dual final export (Galaxy 88) into a 4x2879 LipZipper and am seeing the numbers 543 stated above. No problems whatsoever. I have run a Galaxy 95T2 (2x2290) into the same amp, seen some big meter numbers, generated a lot of heat, and gotten no better on-air performance. YMMV.

That's funny. I tried a 95t into my 4 pill too. I also tried a magnum s380. The dual final (1969) magnum S9 worked the best with it. I later used the 95t with an 8 pill and got a lot of compliments. JesseJamesDallas kept beating me over the head so I moved up from that before long.

Reactions: BBB

Sweet! I'm excited. I haven't gotten the amp back yet. I sent it to a well-known amp man and haven't gotten it back yet so I'm running this little Galaxy 225. That's another reason I am thinking about the low power variable in my radio. I have a couple of other radios also but they are dual final radios too. I run all kinds of different radios and amps, It's not something I just started doing. Lol.. like to see what people's opinions are because I know they are a lot smarter then I am but I know a lot of times things will work even when a good majority say it won't. I've been doing it for years. I've learned there are a few things you can do to ensure longer life from your stuff. Such as keep DK low, transmissions short and heat down. I do those things and I've never had a problem. My stuff never gets hot. If I detect heat I do something..

That's funny. I tried a 95t into my 4 pill too. I also tried a magnum s380. The dual final (1969) magnum S9 worked the best with it. I later used the 95t with an 8 pill and got a lot of compliments. JesseJamesDallas kept beating me over the head so I moved up from that before long.
I'm no big dawg like y'all, I'm just a pup..I know that getting into the big stuff calls for being a lot more particular.

I'm no big dawg like y'all, I'm just a pup..I know that getting into the big stuff calls for being a lot more particular.

Were just big enough to get squished by the big dogs. I don't do much mobile work anymore but the electrical service to my house won't support what the big dogs have.

Reactions: Crusher
Were just big enough to get squished by the big dogs. I don't do much mobile work anymore but the electrical service to my house won't support what the big dogs have.
Running with da Big DAWGS!!
IMG_20170427_220250612.jpg

I'm running a dual final export (Galaxy 88) into a 4x2879 LipZipper and am seeing the numbers 543 stated above. No problems whatsoever. I have run a Galaxy 95T2 (2x2290) into the same amp, seen some big meter numbers, generated a lot of heat, and gotten no better on-air performance. YMMV.
I read somewhere last night someone said you'd rarely see the day that you could hear someone doing 1000 watts pep but not aomeone doing 500 rightI beside them..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.