• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Highest Gain HT Antenna?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Which SMA and BNC antenna for the HT's has the highest gain (no telescope allowed)?:eek:

It is my opinion that you want other people to do your work for you and just want answers handed to you and not do any research for your self even though it only takes a minute or two with Google.

Was that opinion still welcomed? :D

I am stubborn when it comes to "Google" searching.

Maybe I shoulda thought before my last post, now that iv done some google searching it appears to be a lot of lies and bull$h!t when trying to fine the right data. So if someone has a valid opinion or data on high gain HT antennas do say so please.

best vertical gain antenna around:

images

Not sure it would be too practical on a handi though ;) ,

have you considered an antron A99, they seem to be the favoured antenna for allband amateur use these days? i'm surprised no-one else has tried one on a handi with an atu yet. :bdh::pop:

Reactions: 1 person
best vertical gain antenna around:

images

Not sure it would be too practical on a handi though ;) ,

have you considered an antron A99, they seem to be the favoured antenna for allband amateur use these days? i'm surprised no-one else has tried one on a handi with an atu yet. :bdh::pop:

It all depends on how the A99 is mounted, so far George's method seems to be the best.

dsc00374_small_434.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I shoulda thought before my last post, now that iv done some google searching it appears to be a lot of lies and bull$h!t when trying to fine the right data. So if someone has a valid opinion or data on high gain HT antennas do say so please.

At least there are no lies or bullshit on online forums. :whistle: BTW, have you considered the fact that if you are able to distinguish the lies and bullshit then you should also be abie to see the truth in those searches? Hint: it is everything left afer the lies and bullshit.

I agree about the "depends on how it's mounted" comment, but only because it applies to all antennas. But that's where it ends.

The original question, highest gain for an antenna on an HT.
There's a 'depend' or two in that too. If the idea is convenience, there are no HT antennas with positive gain, they all have a negative gain. The more inconvenient the antenna is, the more gain it's 'likely' to have. Putting a 5/8 wave antenna on an HT means you will have some gain, not much, but some. Stick a several element vertical array on an HT means you will have more gain, and a LOT more inconvenience. And then, gian over what? What are you making those 'gain' comparison with, a standard 1/2 wave antenna, or a typical rubberduck? In a very 'rough' analysis, length equals gain. How much 'length' can you afford before you 'chunk' the whole idea??
- 'Doc

(I hate getting the antenna tangled up in chandeliers!)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated