• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do i find out the Yaesu ft 857d Production date

MAJE5T1C

Jan 2, 2013
As the title says iv'e just bought a Yaesu ft 857d and wondering how i find out the Production date

Iv'e google and found nothing cheers

My s.n number is 0J260434

Care to let us in on WHY it means that? What is the date coding technique Yaesu uses?

The first digit of the serial number is the last digit of the year of manufacture, the second digit of the serial number will be a letter, the letters spot in the alphabet - 2 equals month

C - January
D - February
E - March
F - April
G - May
H - June
I - July
J - August
K - September
L - October
M - November
N - December

I have no clue what Yaesu does if it makes a model for ten years or longer, it could be as simple as two numbers followed by a letter in the serial number

I have no clue what Yaesu does if it makes a model for ten years or longer, it could be as simple as two numbers followed by a letter in the serial number

It's rare that Yaesu would keep a radio in production that long without producing distinct variations (i.e. FT101, B, EE, F). Based on past experience, the FT-1000D is the only Yaesu radio I can recall that was in production for over 10 years (1989 - 2000).

I understand, Yaesu changed the serial number stickers for the later ones made in 1999 and 2000 to show "FT-1000D" rather than "FT-1000" that was previous used on both the FT-1000 and the "D" (Deluxe) models. This was done by Yaesu so people could tell a later production model from an early.

Did a search and found some more info on Yaesu serial numbers. The ft1000d was made for over 10 years.

Serial number 0J260434

0J- year and month
260- batch number
434- number in batch

It would be easy if yaesu would just put something on the website so someone could just enter a model and serial number to find out when it was made

Help Sir, please

As the title says iv'e just bought a Yaesu ft 857d and wondering how i find out the Production date

Iv'e google and found nothing cheers

My s.n number is 0J260434

Hello Sir.

I am a recent ham in Portugal, my bame is Garcia, my callsign is CS7AEL.

I am a happy owner like you of a FT857D, my serial is 0J260194.

Previous owner as messed with internal menus, and i think the values of internal menu are all wrong indeed.

Can you help me, and send me the values of your internal menu? I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU HELP ME. PLEASE SIR.

THANK YOU AND WAITING FOR RESPONSE

help with ft857D same year

Hello Sir.

I am a recent ham in Portugal, my bame is Garcia, my callsign is CS7AEL.

I am a happy owner like you of a FT857D, my serial is 0J260194.

Previous owner as messed with internal menus, and i think the values of internal menu are all wrong indeed.

Can you help me, and send me the values of your internal menu? I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU HELP ME. PLEASE SIR.

THANK YOU AND WAITING FOR RESPONSE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.