• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How does this work?

With a contest, you may participate by just answering DX calls. Contests have exchange information which must be logged to get confirmation for the contact.

This contest going on is the CQ WW WPX and goes on until midnight Zulu time.

When your call is picked up, you give a signal report, (customary on contests to give a 5/9 even though it may not be) and you give a serial number and you get a Signal report and their serial number.

The serial number is the number of contest calls you made QSO's with in order starting with the first one at 001 then 002 and so on.

I log on QRZ and when you go to log a contact, notice on the QSO info page when you go to log a contact there is a box which says "Contest". click on the drop down arrow and scroll down to where you see CQ WW WPX Contest SSB and click on that.

Now every station you log from contest calls is entered for the the CQ WW WPX contest. Also you see Serial boxes for Sent and Received.

Enter your first Sent serial number by clicking the number 1 box next to the Sent box and this will enter serial number 1. Now all future QSO entries will automatically enter the next sequential serial number for you.

You still have to manually enter the Received serial number given during the exchange.

If you want more info here is an official link for this contest.

http://www.cqwpx.com/

On your QRZ My logbook page, you can send a request to a contact u logged.

At the right of each logged contact, check the box then scroll down to the bottom of log page and click on Action button, then select Request confirmation from selected records.

This will send a confirmation request thru QRZ to that contact and they will see a notification when they log on to QRZ website.

I usually wait a couple weeks before I send a request to give people a chance to log it themselves.

Hope that helps…

Last edited:
On your QRZ My logbook page, you can send a request to a contact u logged.

At the right of each logged contact, check the box then scroll down to the bottom of log page and click on Action button, then select Request confirmation from selected records.

This will send a confirmation request thru QRZ to that contact and they will see a notification when they log on to QRZ website.

I usually wait a couple weeks before I send a request to give people a chance to log it themselves.

Hope that helps…

Thanks, I did try logging a regular contact through QRZ. I tried calling one of the "contestees" but just on QRP, I wasn't really getting through.

I was given a heads up by some of the local Elmers here... sometimes it takes these guys a long time to actually confirm a QSO. Sure enough, I had one on QRZ confirm from over a year ago just the other day. Must have been clearing out the computer or something. Anyhoo, glad to have another Belgium contact. :)

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated