• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 AM modulation

radiomaniacc

Jan 30, 2010
Hello,

I'm noticing that the modulation of my radio sounds a little muffled. It is not as sharp and clear as it should be. The AMC is adjusted to the correct level. Even if AMC fully opened the mod sounds like that, so is not that. The radio is setup 4 watts carrier and aprox 12 modulated. Changed the stock mic for a power mic for testing, the same thing. Even on ssb it sounds like that. What would be causing this ? Is any other setting on the radio to correct this ??

Thanks !!

radiomaniacc

It cuts all high tones at mic preamplifier stage.
Depends on your microphone after removing this cap you might have to much highs on your audio and it will sound hissy. Value that I used in mine radio is 68pF, in radio a friend od mine 100pF was right value. In some radios just removing it was enough.
So first of it all remove it and listen yourself on second radio.
Mike

And to make 2510's loud....because they were also known for low modulation/stock, remove the modulation limiter and add a power mic. I used a Turner +3 on one for years, sounded great.

then after doing these mods to this ssb radio then what does it sound like on ssb

Without C61 not louder. Clearer with better presence and clarity.
I suggest to do not remove limiter. Adjust it as it should be adjusted.
Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.