• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 rx freq

radiomaniacc

Jan 30, 2010
Hello to all !!

I have another question about my HR 2510. My radio TX freq is OK, but on the RX side on SSB I have to move the clarifier to the right (+) to clarify the stations. Even if I go to AM mode can notice that the carriers are a little offset to the same dirrection (+). How can the RX be corrected or aligned ??

Thanks !! (y)

Hello to all !!

I have another question about my HR 2510. My radio TX freq is OK, but on the RX side on SSB I have to move the clarifier to the right (+) to clarify the stations. Even if I go to AM mode can notice that the carriers are a little offset to the same dirrection (+). How can the RX be corrected or aligned ??

Thanks !! (y)

VR111 is the main adjustment for transmit, I do this with a known frequency standard such as a modern HAM transceiver that can be tracked with WWV. Then you have to fine tune with L116 (LSB), L118 (USB) and L117 (AM). I have to back and forth a bit and if done VERY carefully it will work, unless you have a service monitor and scope. Good diagram on CBTRICKS.

mechanic

if you adjust the frequency with L116-L118 you will also change the frequency response of tx and rx in the same way as moving your tx and rx IF shift/ carrier setpoint on a hf set, in extreme golden screwdriver case it will also screw up your carrier supression,
it may work and sound ok if the only problem with the radio is somebody adjusted them in the first place but its not the correct way to align frequency on those radios.
align all the oscillators with a GOOD frequency counter and take it from there.

RX offset

:whistle: Setting L116-L118 and L117 is a bit of a trick but it can be done. The three inductors use one crystal to derive the frequencies needed for the offsets and as you adjust one you pull the others. That is why you need to set it with a frequency counter. I have been successful by using a known standard but that is where the trick is....
Unless you have done this before I do not recommend this way of alignment and this suggestion is purely academic!

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated