• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510 final issues

bonehead

Jul 21, 2005
manchester,UK
hello there,hoping one of you clever people can help me.
bought an HR2510 the other day,with an output final problem.
radio puts out about 15 watts max,and the final MRF477 gets REALLY hot doing it.checked the bias,and its sitting around 20mA,and wont adjust any higher,the caps all seem fine,the bias circuit components all seem OK,and the driver stage is amping as it should.
took the MRF477 out,and it seems to have a funny set of gate resistances.B/C is 670 ohm,B/E also 670 ohm,C/B shows 1.7K,and C/E shows about 1.5K.
is this normal for the 477,or can I suspect an iffy transistor and get it replaced??
I have an MRF455 sat round doing nothing,but don't want to cook it if there is something else amiss.
any thoughts gratefully recieved

i just saw you use a ham sexy, not seen one in years, i used to run a ham big mac that was some antenna for sure, it beat the sigma on none windy days, if they had made them thicker it would be the best 27mhz vertical ever and the most expensive imho.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.