• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HTX-100 modified for Satellite help!

WX9DX

Jun 9, 2014
I bought an HTX100 at a Ham Fest near St Louis IL, Winterfest 2012 or 13. And the radio had been modified for a transverter, It has TP5 and 6 jumped with a wire and the plug in board missing. Also there is an RCA connector connected to a wire next to VR9 for a RX only antenna or a transverter input for a 28 Mhz IF use. If you are familiar with this mod please let me know what I have to do to return this radio back to normal please. Also maybe what I might do to acquire one of the plug in boards or how to jumper it out so it is not needed, the one between TP5 and 6...

Thanks much
Jimmy, WX9DX:(
[/I]

This Htx100, It's fighting me! But I'll win sooner or later. :)
^^ ab v c^^

This will help you on your journey, it is one way of setting up htx 100 as a exciter for external transverters

Make Your HTX-100 a Flexible IF Transceiver

The mirror board that sits in the 3 sets of fingers supply's the pa driver and final, if you pull it and only supply the driver section, you can get the low level 28.xxx MHz signal needed by the transverter.
The cable taps it off after the driver section, you just need to figure out how they did it, and reverse it.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
The vertical board???

I sure could use a few pics of that vertical board near the final. There aren't any in the service manual as far as I can tell... Thanks Jimmy:)

It is there to provide voltage to the final and driver, you can remove it when working on the radio to have a test point so you can put your dc current meter inline to measure the bias for the final and driver transistor, then it is placed back in.
A wire soldered to all three of the test points, so that they are interconnected would serve the same purpose.

Jeff

The service manual can be found here *
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/realistic/htx_100/graphics/realistic_htx_100_sm.pdf

scroll down to the alignment section and see procedure for setting the bias on step 1 and 2, that board, pb100, connects tp4, tp5 and tp6 all hooked together when the radio is not being serviced.
look carefully at the schematic and trace out the tx section and see if they have modified anything else.
This was a way to drop the tx power to a low level for the transverter by removing the board and only supplying v to the driver transistor.
VR 9 controls the RF meter in the radio, wonder if they were using a external S meter on the radio?

Jeff

* Many thanks go out to Bennie at CBTricks for his work providing and sharing such a wealth of info.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated