• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I forget the old Motorola leter codes for beta rating HF bjt's

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
I am looking at some E, F and G rated NOS Motorola's and am trying to figure out their hfe and if I can use them in an amp or if the beta gain is too low.

I tried a bunch or permeations on google and no luck.

Thanks

RF parts used to have the beta codes for mot & st transistors,

E / yellow dot = low beta 38-52
F / green dot = medium beta 48-63
G / blue dot = medium beta 57-78

RF parts used to have the beta codes for mot & st transistors,

E / yellow dot = low beta 38-52
F / green dot = medium beta 48-63
G / blue dot = medium beta 57-78

Thanks very much this is what I was looking for! The color code I still remember but the not the letter code. I knew they where Mid-Beta. Again thanks so much I could not believe I could not locate this on google!

Until recently I had not played with or had anything that used MOT transistors other than my single President Lincoln which is a pussy-cat and does not push the MRF455 it uses hard at all. That combined with only having a single MRF455 I really did not worry about hfe or matching them etc....Now that I want to build with MOT's and have amps that use MOT bjt's it is kind of important to know. I also do not want to over pay when purchasing NOS.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated