• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i need some galaxy 98vhp reviews

Cheap to repair if you blow finals. Heavy, overheating, RX wide as barn doors.
With NPC and good adjustment can be loud and pleaseant to listen.
Nothing to be excited IMO. I would rather go for other radio and decent amplifier.
Mike

Same as posted above. Had one, liked it. But, it was as mentioned,
HEAVY..........had it mounted below the cubby hole in a 2007 Kenworth
and the darn thing kept making the hinged cubby hole panel drop down.
Sold it to one of the mechanics at work and he is very happy with it.
It's LOUD and works pretty good. Also, if you leave it hooked up inside a
vehicle on a hot day, the internal fan will come on and stay on until the inside
cools off. Haven't had a battery go dead or anything like that. But, just something
to be aware of.
Oh, replaced it with a Ranger 2970n2, which is almost as heavy but, even though
it's installed in the same exact place as the Galaxy, I have yet to have the cubby hole
panel drop down from the weight.
Of the two, I like the 2970n2 much better. But, the knobs on it are a PIA when going
down the road and trying to change things. (especially on a bumpy road!)
Such is life!
trucker

Nice faceplate at night, great AM performance, middle of the road on SSB at best. Nice power output but does get hot. Large heavy radio.

I know a guy who runs one as a base. The darn thing broadcasts! Great radio from what I hear. Great receive. If you drive a truck and the company won't let you run alot of wires and coax. This radio is ideal. But if you plan on putting it into a pickup, I'd reccomend a smaller radio and good size amp. Like the others are saying, it's heavy! 8 Pounds!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.