• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I think I am doing something wrong.

I read all the posts on here about which diode to replace or which mosfet's work in which radio, how much swing will I get if I do this or that. All I do is turn on the radio, let the tubes warm up and talk to people all over the world. There are no mods done to my radios, no extras hell not even an amp.. what am I doing wrong?

Please note this was done in jest....
Well I just cannot help from modifiying my lawnmower, toaster, or computer on a daily basis, this might explain my preoccupation with radio mods.

..Don't worry sometimes I don't do any mods, but I still make sure to turn all the knobs to the right. :sneaky:

Last edited:
W9CLL, sure, you can talk all over the world, but only to other radios.

just think, if you modded your radio correctly, you could also be talking to toasters, telephones, stereos, and even some dental work!!!

you are really limiting yourself with that purist attitude. ;)
LC

Don't forget that whenever replacing components on the board with different values you have to paint the new parts to make your modifications extra special.(y)

Reactions: LeapFrog
One of my favorite things to do is to pull up next to an "Adult Book" store and make all of their sex toys talk. Clears the parking lot in short order. Things like I'm going to tell your wife or mother what you are doing. or "Not tonight my batteries hurt".

Something for me to strive for!
You can do it, I have faith in you.
I'll even offer to trade you an old export radio for an any old HF rig to help you get started!

I understand your post, at least to me it means that it's time to stop playing with crap mods, and time for me to get a real radio!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.