• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM 706MKIIG discontinued?

More ICOM/Kenwood changes coming

ICOM...Already has removed the 746/PRO from production overseas...718 and a few others...being replaced by 7000 series versions and the new 900 series radios will replace more...
746/PRO replacement displays and other parts are being pulled from parts list, when US versions are exhausted...

Kenwood: 2000's/TS/B and all variations are off line awaiting the exhausting of existing US stock....
Kenwood has never been the same since Panasonic's parent company purchased them...

I still have a TS130SE(last production special edition) plus VFO and speaker...
Also a TS450SAT(High serial#) packed with INRAD RX filters...
Still think that is one of the BEST all around mid-priced rigs ever made...try and find parts for those except through Kenwood's parts dumping grounds...ie...US service locations in Jersey or CA...$$$$$ and the lists are very short!:blink:
All the Best
BJ

Once they got rid of the display screen problems the 706 was a good solid 100 watt radio. Mine is an earlier model and I went through the usual problems with in the first year, but it has been really solid since. I'm sorry to hear that they are discontinuing what I consider to be a good radio.
mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.