• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-2820H Extended band, cross-band procedure

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I have tested on my IC2820 the diodes guide for extended bands. Please, open the down side and look at the two rows of diodes on the right side, placed vertically (foto 1).
3828_ic-2820_tx_rep1.jpg

From up to down (foto 2):
3828_ic-2820_tx_rep2.jpg

First diode is not present Remove second diode: 144-150 Mhz 430-450 Mhz auto-repeater USA+ Remove fourth diode: 144-148 Mhz 430-450 Mhz+ Remove fifth diode: 144-148 Mhz 400-470 Mhz+ Remove sixth diode: 137-174 Mhz 400-470 Mhz+ Seventh diode apparently it doesn't change anything ???????????? Applying the eighth: cross-band is activated To activate cross-band procedure, press and hold two main band knobs and press ; the radio will beep and the key symbol on the left side of the display will flash; now the radio is now active in the cross-band mode.
To cancel the cross-band repeat function, please press <F>.

ICOM IC-2820H RT SYSTEMS SOFTWARE MODIFICATION

Does anybody know if RT Systems software can be manipulated to extend the memory for trhe 2820?

73's
Felix

It didn't work for me, but I didn't get in to it too deep. It will accept the frequencies on both the TX & RX side, send them to the radio giving you a warm fuzzy feeling, but when you key up the radio's display says something like "no soup for you". No Tx

The software will work if you do the mechanical mod above.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated