• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-9100 release date and price announced

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Icom Japan released the date and price of the new Icom IC-9100 yesterday...at least to the Japanese market. Icom says that the tentative release is mid-October and the price will be equivalent to $3650 USD.

Here's the press release with the google translation applied:

Google Translate

i think its just awaiting fcc aproval so far for the us market. for $3650 i would like a display like a 7600, not something so plane jane like a 718pro display.

5091.jpg

IC7600.jpg

Man steep price tack on a few optional add on's and it get's expensive quickly for an all-in-wonder.I do wish there was another SAT receiver in the TS-2000 price range i would jump on it.

I never was an icom guy I was going to buy a 746 until I did an internet search and man was that a eye opener I own 1 Icom its a Icom 2200H mobile 2 meter rig its in the original box I hooked it up and tested it and all worked I just like my Yaesu and Kenwood rigs I know this 2200 wasnt cheap either they can be setup for digital I believe I should have sold it but like alot of other people do I been sittin on it well... not literally but its packed away for a spare well thats what I tell myself eventhough I have about 10 spares LMAO!!

All the manufatures are building massive high dollar rigs I simply could never justify spending $3000.00 - $4000.00 on a damn radio not even if I won the lotterey it just makes no sense I mean I am licensed along with my wife and 2 kids and all the rigs I have now I dont use half the extra bells and whistles on let alone the wife or kids using them. Heres the one I have http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/mobile/2200h/default.aspx

When you compare the "retail price" of the TS-2000s from kenwood.jp, the 9100 is not that much more expensive. Kenwood.jp shows the TS-2000s at $3530 US (yen->$). US dealers seem to price the TS-2000 near $1700 (without any promos), so hopefully the same differential in price will show with the 9100 (after it's been on the market for awhile).

if the street price of the 9100 were to end up around $2k, i'd consider e-baying my 746pro....you can sell anything there! of course i'd probably wait either for a 2nd gen version, or at least a year or so. i can drive a lemon car through the dealers window, but i'm 3000 miles from icom in washington.......

Will wait and see..
I dont like the B/W screen..( if in hooking a monitor one gets color then Ok )..

Also want to wait a year for price to come down a bit and to be sure the bugs are worked out

But looks like i likely will wind up getting it

ICOM 9100 vs 746 PRO

The 746 PRO is a GREAT radio(I've owned 2)& I think ICOM missed a GREAT chance to make the ULTIMATE HF/VHF/UHF radio by adding the display from the 756 PROIII or ICOM 7600 into the ICOM 9100.I would have sold BOTH my ICOM 756 PROII & 746 PRO & bought an ICOM 9100 without a second thought BUT ICOM chose to keep the ICOM 746 PRO display.MAYBE they will UPDATE the rig in a year or so & make it the MUST HAVE rig I & many others have dreamed of for YEARS!The features aong with that REAL TIME DISPLAY would be "WOW"! }:>) Come on ICOM WAKE UP & LISTEN to the BUYERS!

SIX-SHOOTER :drool:

Any known updates as to the FCC status and US release of the IC-9100?

spoke to them several times while they were fixing my ic746pro AGAIN over the last couple weeks. only thing they would comment on was the ic7410, which apparently is what the 746pro SHOULD HAVE been, less 2 meters. they wouldn't even commit to the 9100 ever making it to the market.

>>>>>>'Location: Southeastern CT on L.I. Sound'<<<<<<<where, what freqs & what call/handle? you an SSBer that gets in on sean/979's activities, or an AMer or.....?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.