• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax still there!

sandpiperx

Jan 15, 2010
Denton, Texas USA
It has been 5 days of nonstop high wind in the 25 to 50 mph at 45 ft. I held off finishing the feed line hookup until it all stopped.. Just to see if it would survive. Well after seeing this thing whip around alot. It has held its ground and looking good. I have read that these antennas swayed. It did but all is well.. I can get it all wrapped up now and at least know it's not going anywhere yet!

Markip

thats good that it stayed together . ive gone outside and looked at my verticle in winds like you mentioned and it stayed verticle , very little movement . if the whipping around doesnt adversly affect your tx and rx and the antenna survives is what matters most though .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.