• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Initial Ham Setup

That's the idea. You can also set up an interface to your pc for the digital modes. It works great for playing music on ch19 and recording watergates. Two birds one stone.

That's not a bad idea. A little of Dylan's "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again" would sound good on 19. Or 6. Especially since Bob is 75 years old now.

However, I don't have what it takes to open up a brand new ham rig and start soldering. Or desoldering.
And I'm not talking about a lack of tools. LOL.

Reactions: binrat
Received my 7100. Great service from HRO!

New ICOM owners be warned!
Should you decide to remove the metal clip on the microphone, there is a nut on the inside that will fall loose and jingle around once the screw is removed!

Had to take the mic apart to get that rascal.

Proving once and for all: If it isn't one thing; it's another.

Am guessing I'm not the first guy this has happened to.
Least I hope not.

Congrats on getting the rig

Thank you.
Hard turnin' loose of the money.
Don't want to hijack the thread, but have to ask:

The radio has two connections on rear. According to the manual, #1 is for HF and 50, and #2 is for VHF/UHF.
However, nowhere does it state how to switch between the two. There's no button or menu selection. Is it possible the radio does so automatically, based on the frequency being used?

Thank you.
Hard turnin' loose of the money.
Don't want to hijack the thread, but have to ask:

The radio has two connections on rear. According to the manual, #1 is for HF and 50, and #2 is for VHF/UHF.
However, nowhere does it state how to switch between the two. There's no button or menu selection. Is it possible the radio does so automatically, based on the frequency being used?

It does it automatically when you switch bands.

It actually has two separate RF chains. One is for HF/6m and the other is for 2m/70cm. There are two separate RF amps in the radio and one is for HF and 6m and is connected to the HF/6m antenna port and the other amp is for 2m/70cm and is connected to the VHF/UHF antenna port.

Cool.

Keep In Mind that chip a free program will allow you to program freq 's into memory and adjust settings

Thanks!
Sure glad no one has asked about antennas. :whistle:
Got a thousand dollar radio and two wire dipoles (10 M and 6 M) and a homemade 2 meter ground plane. In attic.
Was going to get a cheap used radio and spend the grand on a tower and antennas but wife and neighbors weren't big on the idea. Truth is, neither was I.
Still waiting on power supply.
I know the solar cycle is in the dumper right now and HF contacts might be few and far between, but I'm only 64. There's still time. I hope.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated