• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Inside Ameritron AL-80B

Heavy Metal

Aug 23, 2014
Tube that came with Ameritron AL-80B

image.jpg

( 1 ) How's it look? Placed right?

image.jpg

( 2 ) How's the Cap look on Tube?

image.jpg

( 3 ) I take it green wire is 10/12?
Cut or desolder it?

image.jpg

( 4 ) Finally power is factory set for 125 if wanted 240 would scrap A B C D and go C B everything else same?

( 5 ) What if went 250 still be C B then remover 1 2 and go how to get F E would I go side ways rather than up down like 1 2 is for 125 amd 240?

image.jpg

Thanks for help ahead of time and hope pics ect help others.

Last edited:

Does everything with tube look right and on base of tube on left bottom what's the connection hanging off their for?

Last edited:
Tube looks OK. I'm not seeing the wire "hanging down" that you're referring to - check the schematic. Whether you cut or de-solder the green wire is your choice. Regarding the power supply jumpers: you can just use small pieces of wire to jump them. The wire can be insulated or not - doesn't matter. Just make sure they're soldered well.

Not sure if will set to 240v or 250v but fuse it 10amp vs 8amp. Not even sure I can get 250v outta lines here 240 for sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.