• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inverted V angle

Most literature on inverted V antennas gives a angle range of 60-120 degrees included. I have been searching, to no avail, what the angle's affect is on the impedance of the antenna. Does anyone out there know of a graph or chart of some sort that shows the relationship between angle and impedance and where to find it?
* The degrees of the angle included between each arm is twice the angle number. For example, at the 45° number the included angle is 2 * 45 = 90°... a right angle. Same at the 135° number. 2 * 135 = 270°, where 360 - 270 = 90°. Altenatively, use negative angles. 135 - 180 = -45°. Then, 2 * -45 = 90°.

V-Dipole%20Horiz%20Charactistics.png

* The degrees of the angle included between each arm is twice the angle number. For example, at the 45° number the included angle is 2 * 45 = 90°... a right angle. Same at the 135° number. 2 * 135 = 270°, where 360 - 270 = 90°. Altenatively, use negative angles. 135 - 180 = -45°. Then, 2 * -45 = 90°.

V-Dipole%20Horiz%20Charactistics.png
Being using an inverted "V" for over 40 at about a 90 degree angle, now I know why it works so good!

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.