• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

is it tr-24 or tr26 1k mod.???/?

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
ok i have found 2 different suggestion for the 148 gtl audio mod 1 says to cut the trace of the middle leg of tr-24 and add a 1k resistor .
then another one says it is tr-26. i just want to do this one time is it tr-24?? the rite one or is it tr-26.????
thanks

do not mess with TR24, this limiter is for all modes and can cause you to sound like crap on SSB.

TR26 is the limiter for AM mode only.
you could also just clip R131 (near TR26) and use the mic gain on the front of the radio to set the mod where you like it.

i have been very happy running the mic gain at 12 o'clock after clipping R131 in the past.
LC

do not mess with TR24, this limiter is for all modes and can cause you to sound like crap on SSB.

TR26 is the limiter for AM mode only.
you could also just clip R131 (near TR26) and use the mic gain on the front of the radio to set the mod where you like it.

i have been very happy running the mic gain at 12 o'clock after clipping R131 in the past.
LC

i want to get the most audio with out removing or cutting anything.??

adding the 1k resistor just messes up the timing of the AMC circuit.

by removing R131 you are able to use the front panel mic gain control to adjust the modulation to where you want it.

if you dont want to clip or remove anything just turn up VR7 if its a 148, VR12 if its a 2000.
LC

Agreed, don't do either..leave TR-24 alone, that is the main limiter, instead remove TR-26 which is the AMC for AM, then adjust the ALC to the verge of clipping for SSB, and leave everything else alone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.