• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Mike delusional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbiporkchop

Jan 18, 2007
pennsylvania
It would appear he thinks the service manual means absolutely nothing when calibrating an S meter to S9.
FB_IMG_1515796852365.jpg

It would appear that by ignoring the manufacturer's specifications, and calibrating S9 for half the voltage, it perfectly explains why this meter is so jumpy...

If I stood to make some friend a few bucks I'd toot my own (small) horn often as well.

You'd be delusional to think he doesn't know what a service manual is.

I believe I've heard Mike explain ham and CB have a different S9 measurement standard.

You practice necromancy during your shill posting, I saw a thread from 2014 on a trucking forum, revived in 2018 with a plug for you know who, by "yours truly"...

Don't believe I've ever seen Mike go out of his way to do something like that, or have his friend put out good word for him on internet forums.

When most of your business comes from genuine word of mouth (not the same source, parroting) it's important to keep the customers happy, I'm sure if somebody was not satisfied.. Mike would resolve the issue.

You commenting on his technique is more so a reflection on you (& who u plug for) than it is on him, i.m.h.o. !

As far as everything else S-9 related, no comment.

(I'd be delusional to think I could win an argument with you, know-it-all.. haha; I have a laquered copper antenna for you, lulz)

If I stood to make some friend a few bucks I'd toot my own (small) horn often as well.

You'd be delusional to think he doesn't know what a service manual is.

I believe I've heard Mike explain ham and CB have a different S9 measurement standard.

You practice necromancy during your shill posting, I saw a thread from 2014 on a trucking forum, revived in 2018 with a plug for you know who, by "yours truly"...

Don't believe I've ever seen Mike go out of his way to do something like that, or have his friend put out good word for him on internet forums.

When most of your business comes from genuine word of mouth (not the same source, parroting) it's important to keep the customers happy, I'm sure if somebody was not satisfied.. Mike would resolve the issue.

You commenting on his technique is more so a reflection on you (& who u plug for) than it is on him, i.m.h.o. !

As far as everything else S-9 related, no comment.

(I'd be delusional to think I could win an argument with you, know-it-all.. haha; I have a laquered copper antenna for you, lulz)
I just noticed Mike contradicted reality by saying the s-meter alignment procedure is the same for all equipment worldwide, when the service manuals clearly have different procedures, none of which is the procedure Mike described.
I'm just a realist. I wasn't sure if I was the only one that didn't drink the Kool Aid.

I'm just a realist. I wasn't sure if I was the only one that didn't drink the Kool Aid.
Me too.
Some things are not open to interpretation, but over time some standards can change.
(not related, but what is... how one interprets the data they find)
If someone wants to look into this matter and decide for themselves who is correct, more power to them. All I see though... is the same pattern... no one is correct but your guy, yeah sure. we.get.it. praise.the.most.bestest.cb.shop.ever all.others."don't know"..
"Tap, Tap", "Pay Attention", "Buy Here"

Some last comments from me for this thread:
"I've drank your Kool Aid before, RPC, but now I'm disillusioned; I've learned to look into things for myself and not just blindly follow people on YouTube because they come across as the best"

P.S. you think that's water in your cup, and not FineKoolAid? (y)
I've had the BBI kool aid and everyone else online, after a while we see that everyone is human, prone to error and pride/ego, if I stopped talking to one of my friends any time they've said something incorrect, soon I'd have nobody around to call a friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Me too.
Some things are not open to interpretation, but over time some standards can change.
(not related, but what is... how one interprets the data they find)
If someone wants to look into this matter and decide for themselves who is correct, more power to them. All I see though... is the same pattern... no one is correct but your guy, yeah sure. we.get.it. praise.the.most.bestest.cb.shop.ever all.others."don't know"..
"Tap, Tap", "Pay Attention", "Buy Here"

My last comments for this thread:
"I've drank your Kool Aid before, RPC, but now I'm disillusioned; I've learned to look into things for myself and not just blindly follow people on YouTube because they come across as the best"

P.S. you think that's water in your cup, and not FineKoolAid? (y)
I wouldn't expect anyone to blindly follow anyone. It's always a good idea to research everything before you believe anything.
I agree, different manufacturers build agc circuits with varying amounts of gain leading to different alignment procedures, but according to Mike's video, he wants us to believe there is only one alignment procedure for all s-meters regardless of what the factory service manual says. I'm not buying it. I trust the manufacturers factory service manual as opposed to a whack job that tells me the the manufacturer was wrong.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect anyone to blindly follow anyone. It's always a good idea to research everything before you believe anything.
Cool, we can agree on something.

Edit: Let's refrain from the use of ad hominem statements during this discussion.
"Whack job that tells me the manufacturer is wrong"
Prove your position by the use of facts and logic, I know you can explain what discrepancy you believe you are seeing.

You need to address this directly with Mike, if it bothers you this bad.
He is not present to explain his position or debate the facts of the matter for himself, if he cared to.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Why don't you just ask mark
Mark agrees with the factory service manual procedure.
Since you think that procedure is invalid, asking Mark why you think the service manual is wrong, and why Mike is right wouldn't get me very far. It seemed more logical to ask you how you formulated your opinion on why the service manual is wrong and Mike's magic number is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.