• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Mike delusional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was convinced after reading all this my "2 cents" would not be appreciated but I relate to all of you how insignificant this battle is. From about 1969 and before I have been repairing, modifying aligning citizen band radios along with many other electronics but the most successful moments in my history on the bench was when I purposely made the "S" meter on some radios a bit more generous and got raving reviews for it! You might ask what in God were you thinking, well I soon realized it didn't matter how good I aligned the receiver on any radio in the world of CB the user was far happier when they could see the meter not only showing more output but also more sensitive receive than might actually be. It's the "OCMRS" "OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE METER READER SYNDROME" Once I figured that out I became legendary. I'm only saying always keep in mind the "Relative nature" of meters and what they display! If you have a meter that is reporting an S9 signal for one person and another person in the same town shows S9+ or more that is all that really matters to the person being told there signal is stronger, It really is all that matters... And in some cases, you simply make the meter show more without doing anything else and the user would be convinced the radio was receiving better! and yes I tested that theory.
I'm one of the folks that would prefer to have the meter perform like it did from the factory. Now with this Anytone radio, I don't have a real meter.

Rabbi, with all due respect... I don't care.. HiFi and mobile don't really mix, and even then, expanded audio response is not a "FineTuneExclusive".

This thread started with an "S-meter alignment" discussion, then shifted to "audio quality" and who can measure up to your personal standard..
#deleterious

Last edited:
I only criticise distorted audio. You don't like my audio because you hate my voice. That's ok. My audio perfectly replicates my voice without distortion. I don't hear that type of audio often. When I do, it gets a compliment. There was approximately 130 galaxy 99's that went to various shops around the country and I kept the one that outperformed all of them. I'll give you one guess who tuned that radio. If you find me a better tech, send me his info. Just make sure his audio sounds better than this, Ok?

Once again, I only criticise what sounds muddy and fades quickly regardless of who tuned it.

There is no secret formula for tuning a radio to achieve distortion free audio. Any qualified tech worth his salt with the proper test equipment can achieve the same result.
Fine Tune CB is not offering or performing any service that other qualified techs can't duplicate or improve upon. Please stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Rabbi, with all due respect... I don't care.. HiFi and mobile don't really mix, and even then, expanded audio response is not a FineTuneExclusive.

This thread has gone from "S-Meter Alignment" discussion, and shifted to "Audio Quality" and who can measure up to your personal standard..
#deleterious

You're correct this thread has gone way off-topic.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I had to sign up because this is getting a little crazy.
So we have Mike and he is trying to educate everyone.
He did the research. He had the equations in the video.

Never seen Sherman doing any of that. Just TAP TAP TAP PAY ATTENTION
Well I am paying attention and I never see anything of substance. Just talk.
So you are producing videos for him now. Why don't you put up your disclaimer that you have a business relationship with him? Your just doing all of this because you can?

Now let's look at the assertions being put into Sherman's mouth by Rabbi here:
The reason the calculation he uses isn't available online, is because he disputes the commonly estimated speed of light which puts his numbers slightly different than the ones you would arrive at should you do the calculation.

Are you serious? The "estimated" speed of light?
Is he a physicist? What research has he done?
When I look at this it seems that the speed of light has been adopted. It's apparently a standard.
That means he doesn't get to make his own assertion as to the speed of light. Is this a joke?

And another one here:
I am simply one of his happy customers in search of the worlds greatest technician.
The "world's greatest technician" will not be working on CB radios. Wake up.
Your methods for making this determination are subjective. You are not an authority.

Why would any rational person take you or him seriously?

Let's not even discuss the comment above about 130 Galaxy 99s or the other assertions on other forums where you sent your Anytone to some number that seems to be either 50 or 60 different technicians.
So you have transit time between those technicians, time for those technicians to "do their thing" and then you have to pay them for their work.

So you mean to tell me you have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on a single radio?
Time, fuel, postage, technicians fees, etc.
Let alone the time to get it back and try it out before you decide to send it to another tech.

I will send stuff to Mike. He obviously has a clue and even shows the math behind it without his shill (that's you) harassing and trolling everyone that disagrees with you or Sherman.

Let me know when you want to buy another 130 radios for testing. I will hook you up.

So you are producing videos for him now. Why don't you put up your disclaimer that you have a business relationship with him? Your just doing all of this because you can?

When I look at this it seems that the speed of light has been adopted. It's apparently a standard.
That means he doesn't get to make his own assertion as to the speed of light. Is this a joke?

And another one here:

Your methods for making this determination are subjective. You are not an authority.

Let's not even discuss the comment above about 130 Galaxy 99s or the other assertions on other forums where you sent your Anytone to some number that seems to be either 50 or 60 different technicians.
So you have transit time between those technicians, time for those technicians to "do their thing" and then you have to pay them for their work.

So you mean to tell me you have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on a single radio?
Let alone the time to get it back and try it out before you decide to send it to another tech.

I will send stuff to Mike. He obviously has a clue and even shows the math behind it without his shill (that's you) harassing and trolling everyone that disagrees with you or Sherman.

Let me know when you want to buy another 130 radios for testing. I will hook you up.

rofl

Reactions: codeman
There is no secret formula for tuning a radio to achieve distortion free audio. Any qualified tech worth his salt with the proper test equipment can achieve the same result.
Fine Tune CB is not offering or performing any service that other qualified techs can't duplicate or improve upon. Please stop drinking the Kool Aid.
Please prove your point by sharing an mp3 or youtube video of an over the air recording. I've been asking for years. Until the sound hits my eardrums it doesn't exist. To believe it exists without hearing it is delusional Kool Aid I have no interest in drinking.

And another one here:

I simply document reality. I'm sorry reality offends you. Perhaps you can share some audio clips to validate your position?

I simply document reality. I'm sorry reality offends you. Perhaps you can share some audio clips to validate your position?

So your job here and on the other forums is to troll I am guessing?
I don't need to point at anything but his videos on youtube.
They are nothing more than advertisements and at times ridicule of other shops.
He only posts videos of Lester's shop or Trucks CB to ridicule and belittle.
I never see Mike or anyone else pointing a fingers but you and Sherman - that's all you do. What are these videos about this guy David white?
Lest we discuss your personal attacks against this person for nothing more than getting a radio worked on by Mike - whom you obviously have an issue with along with Sherman.

I need not go past your own posts. They are not rooted in reality. So how can you say that I seem to be offended by reality?

He drops the noise floor on these rigs so low, his generator can usually drop to 1/1000th of a microvolt and still produce an audible tone in the receiver which equates to hearing a walkie talkie with rubber duckie antenna 20 miles away.

Let's talk about units like milli and micro.
Now I don't know anything about this subject which is why I send stuff to people that do.
But I do know what milli and micro are and these numbers you are talking about seem to be so exceedingly small that they are simply unbelievable.
We are talking about 0.000001 of something and then another 1/1000th of that???
Who are you talking to? Someone in Alpha Centauri?
Can we get one of the more knowledgeable people to rule on this?

Can I see a picture of the 130 Galaxy 99s that you allegedly had?
Have anything on the 50 to 60 technicians that worked on the Anytone?
Can you elaborate on why someone that spends his time on forums and shilling for a guy that clearly works in a science based field yet challenges it with absolutely no evidence nor credentials?

So again I ask you to show where you are documenting reality when the things you have posted here and other places clearly are the antitheses of reality.

All I see you and Sherman doing is attacking other shops to earn business.

Reactions: dave457
So your job here and on the other forums is to troll I am guessing?
I don't need to point at anything but his videos on youtube.
They are nothing more than advertisements and at times ridicule of other shops.
He only posts videos of Lester's shop or Trucks CB to ridicule and belittle.
I never see Mike or anyone else pointing a fingers but you and Sherman - that's all you do. What are these videos about this guy David white?
Lest we discuss your personal attacks against this person for nothing more than getting a radio worked on by Mike - whom you obviously have an issue with along with Sherman.

I need not go past your own posts. They are not rooted in reality. So how can you say that I seem to be offended by reality?

Now I don't know anything about this subject which is why I send stuff to people that do.
But I do know what milli and micro are and these numbers you are talking about seem to be so exceedingly small that they are simply unbelievable.

Can I see a picture of the 130 Galaxy 99s that you allegedly had?
Have anything on the 50 to 60 technicians that worked on the Anytone?
Can you elaborate on why someone that spends his time on forums and shilling for a guy that clearly works in a science based field yet challenges it with absolutely no evidence nor credentials?

So again I ask you to show where you are documenting reality when the things you have posted here and other places clearly are the antitheses of reality.

All I see you and Sherman doing is attacking other shops to earn business.
How did a thread on Mike's confusion turn into a Mark Sherman bashfest?
You guys have changed the direction away from the original topic ... It might be prudent to start a new thread on this new topic instead of distracting attention from the original topic.

How did a thread on Mike's confusion turn into a Mark Sherman bashfest?
You guys have changed the direction away from the original topic ... It might be prudent to start a new thread on this new topic instead of distracting attention from the original topic.

You did. When you started comparing the two.
Mike is wrong and Mark Sherman is right. That's what your harping.
The problem is credibility. You are clearly not credible. Nor is Sherman.

I doubt you can have a rational discussion on the subject without:
1. Calling Mark Sherman to get his answer for you to post.
2. Posting a video of his or about him as a rebuttal or "evidence"
3. Mentioning his name at least once.
4. Implying the author/creator/source of some content/fact/citation is Mark Sherman
5. Using him to challenge the science itself when neither of you possess the credentials or credibility to do so.

You on this very forum and others have spent literally YEARS attacking other shops in favor of Mark Sherman.
How can it not turn into that when it's all you do?
How can we take you seriously when you have an obvious bias?
Your own videos show your bias. You make videos where you belittle other shops and radio operators that use them! SHAME ON YOU!

What I would ask the moderators to do if you created another thread - which will go the EXACT route this one did is to not allow you to do so.
You clearly have no objectivity to start such a discussion let alone participate in it.

Already done that. I challenged RPC over a year ago and all he replied was that he was simply quoting what he was told and that he was going to get an engineering report from Sherwood Engineering on the radio in question and post the results. We are still waiting for that report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated