• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Mike delusional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start off by saying that I have respect for all of you. I've learned a lot from many of the posts here. With that said, I have to wonder why someone with so much knowledge still sends their radios to a shop. If you don't do your own work, it doesn't give you much credibility (in the eyes of others) to criticize others who do.

The shop which I used (sparkys), closed in a horrible way. Years before that, I was recommending business his way because I had nothing but good experiences with him. I didn't go out of my way to smear other shops though. It would seem that Mike has some very loyal customers as RPC is to Mark.

Best regards to all in this debate but to be honest, I'm trying to learn enough to do all my own work and I would assume that I'm not alone on here. Shop recommendations are cool but badmouthing other shops isn't going to change customers minds.

Last edited:
You did. When you started comparing the two.
Mike is wrong and Mark Sherman is right. That's what your harping.
The problem is credibility. You are clearly not credible. Nor is Sherman.

I doubt you can have a rational discussion on the subject without:
1. Calling Mark Sherman to get his answer for you to post.
2. Posting a video of his or about him as a rebuttal or "evidence"
3. Mentioning his name at least once.
4. Implying the author/creator/source of some content/fact/citation is Mark Sherman
5. Using him to challenge the science itself when neither of you possess the credentials or credibility to do so.

You on this very forum and others have spent literally YEARS attacking other shops in favor of Mark Sherman.
How can it not turn into that when it's all you do?
How can we take you seriously when you have an obvious bias?
Your own videos show your bias. You make videos where you belittle other shops and radio operators that use them! SHAME ON YOU!

What I would ask the moderators to do if you created another thread - which will go the EXACT route this one did is to not allow you to do so.
You clearly have no objectivity to start such a discussion let alone participate in it.
You got me all wrong. I was comparing Mike's s9 measurement to factory service manual info.
Not sure how Mark came into the picture. Just for the record this has always been my agenda to show how a stock radio will always outperform one that has been modified by an incompetent technician.
Here we see a cheap $49 radio Sound much better than $800 set up. Sounds like the guy who spent $49 got the best value for his dollar. That's my agenda right there in a nutshell. I don't need to be a scientist or a physicist to prove it to you - all you got to do is listen for yourself and have a little common sense.

Not sure how Mark came into the picture.

Because it's all you ever do. You are seen as an extension of him.
It also does not help that your second post is a video that landed on his youtube channel that came from yours
and within a short time span.

Now we have to examine the blatant bias. You have several anti-[insert shop here] videos.
You created a thread to ask if this gentleman is "delusional" which is at best inflammatory and certainly denigrating.
If you created the thread without immediately questioning his mental state you might have gone a little further.
But you had to immediately take it to a place to try to insult and ridicule and hope it flew under the radar.
Not everyone is stupid or immature and can't see where you took it from the very first letter you typed.

It's your pattern of behavior.
You start threads and you are also very good about keeping them up to dates and go as far as resurrecting old threads whenever Sherman moves his tent city to ensure that people have contact information. That's the hallmarks of a paid shill - or an unpaid fanboy.
You spend all of your time on forums. Making videos to harass, intimidate and denigrate anyone that questions Sherman. Does not matter what they question. It's not healthy behavior.
It's all you do. And when you are challenged you make a video about the person to denigrate them.
How many videos do you have up about Mike now? 3 or 4?

So again I ask you how anyone can take you seriously when your entire reason for being on forums is to update postings on Mark Sherman's location so people can send him work?
Or to denigrate anyone that does not agree with him?
Or to post nonsense about how good his work is?

You put him on a pedestal that only he knows certain formulas and criterion IN THE WORLD.
Why isn't he a Nobel laureate?
Instead he lives in the desert moving around every other week working on CB radios in a somewhat dubious fashion. And you intimidate, harass, and threaten anyone that says anything bad about him.

So does this explain how he ends up in any thread you post about?
Don't you think you should reconsider your life choices now?

It also does not help that your second post is a video that landed on his youtube channel that came from yours

Now we have to examine the blatant bias. You have several anti-[insert shop here] videos.
You created a thread to ask if this gentleman is "delusional" which is at best inflammatory and certainly denigrating.
If you created the thread without immediately questioning his mental state you might have gone a little further.
But you had to immediately take it to a place to try to insult and ridicule and hope it flew under the radar.
Not everyone is stupid or immature and can't see where you took it from the very first letter you typed.

You start threads and you are also very good about keeping them up to dates and go as far as resurrecting old threads whenever Sherman moves his tent city to ensure that people have contact information. That's the hallmarks of a paid shill - or an unpaid fanboy.
You spend all of your time on forums. Making videos to harass, intimidate and denigrate anyone that questions Sherman. Does not matter what they question. It's not healthy behavior.
It's all you do. And when you are challenged you make a video about the person to denigrate them.

So again I ask you how anyone can take you seriously when your entire reason for being on forums is to update postings on Mark Sherman's location so people can send him work?

You put him on a pedestal that only he knows certain formulas and criterion IN THE WORLD.
Instead he lives in the desert moving around every other week working on CB radios in a somewhat dubious fashion. And you intimidate, harass, and threaten anyone that says anything bad about him.

RadioDude, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Reactions: 6.0 Liter

Two thumbs up edit.jpg

RadioDude, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I am a volunteer. I work with troubled youths.
I see a young man that is heading down a path of self destruction.
He will either self destruct or destroy another life and his own in the process.

Yes, it's a forum. I know my chances are slim.
We need to take care of each other because it's the right thing to do.
Some people cannot be helped. That does not mean we should not try.

I think Possibly Mike may be a better Tech than Mark Sherman and Possibly Sherman feels threatened.
If my mobile "black box" receiver can hear a stock Cobra 29 from 45 miles away ( mobile to mobile ) why would anyone feel a need to purchase an amplifier or send their radio to a "technician" for increased range?
That's pretty much the whole point of my videos.

Last edited:
I am a volunteer. I work with troubled youths.
I see a young man that is heading down a path of self destruction.
He will either self destruct or destroy another life and his own in the process.

Yes, it's a forum. I know my chances are slim.
We need to take care of each other because it's the right thing to do.
Some people cannot be helped. That does not mean we should not try.
I totally agree.

If my mobile "black box" receiver can hear a stock Cobra 29 from 45 miles away ( mobile to mobile ) why would anyone feel a need to purchase an amplifier or send their radio to a "technician" for increased range?

I work as an auditor.
That means I verify what you do.
Is it right or wrong?
Can you back it up?
Can you back up the backup?
What are the test conditions?
Where is the data?
I am not talking about your audio recordings. There is no way to verify those.
Nor your assemblage of videos. The ball is in your court.
This is what I do. I verify things. I examine data.

Now I also talk on the radio. And 45 mile mobile to mobile is possible and I have done it too.
So your claim is that this one person can "tune" a radio so all of a sudden it can do these 45 mile trips.
That's great. All of a sudden you have imparted superhuman or supernatural qualities on Sherman. So I ask again. Why is this man not a Nobel laureate or person of great importance?

NASA might want to have a word. They might want to know how he can develop procedures for their communications infrastructure. The manufacturers certainly would like this, too. It's worth billions potentially.

The reality is that talent in any industry is recognised.
If he had this talent and he simply decided that he would rather do CB radios then that's his prerogative. He certainly would not need you to talk him up. He would be able to point at all of the companies or public / private institutions that would want him working for them.

This is why it is almost certain to be nonsense.
We are talking about history altering events.
Do you realize that is why people approach this with skepticism?

You and Sherman offer no proof.
No third party verification.
No data.
Nothing.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

I watched your video on the cobra Cobra 29 about a year ago on YouTube. I thought it was bologna then and I still think it is .Cobra 29's Do not talk 45 miles. And Cb's do not receive 45 miles. And I don't care who works on them impossible

Last edited:
Reactions: Unit 194
RPC, the answer to your question is no, Mike is not delusional.

You however, are displaying the qualities of someone who's beliefs are not rooted in reality.

You and I have gone back and forth in a few different threads, and every time i show Mark Sherman to be nothing more than a master bullshitter; you clam up and offer nothing more than anecdotal evidence.

Every time you have tried to offer up some reference material intended to back up your claim, i have shown how it either doesn't relate, or doesn't apply.
This is when the threads die out because you do not care one bit about the real physics behind Mark's claims, you only want to convey to potential customers that their business should be with him.

None of your videos prove anything, and some are borderline deceptive.

Mark cannot make a radio receive further or transmit further than other techs.
I proved this to you and you clammed up.

Mark's bench is in no way superior to any other tech's bench because he uses "tuned lengths" of coax to connect them.
I proved this to you, and you clammed up.

Changing out BJTs and mosfets for matched pairs doesn't lower the THD enough to matter in a CB radio, and I have not seen anything from you or Mark that disputes my claim.

Again, all your 'evidence' is based on what you hear, and what others tell you.
To be on the road as long as you have, and to still believe what other people on the CB radio tell you is, in my opinion, pretty darn delusional.

please, stop posting here and let the rest of us live in the real world.
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.