• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is there really a murs radio made?

to transmitt on murs u have to have a murs radio according to the rules.read it last week, 2 watt legal limit

Those laws are not heavily enforced.

I have a wouxun KG-UV6D that I use for FRS and GMRS. I have MURS programmed but I have never talked to anyone over it, I have listened to business though, several in my area are on MURS.

Is there really a murs base or mobile radio out there any place?I have been looking for one but come up with nothing for a 5 channel radio that does only 2 watts.Only thing a local ham store tells me is convert a 2 meter rig.but I want a murs 5 channel radio is there such a thing?where do i get one???

Radio Shack had some like these.
RS catalog number of 19-1210
Should be plenty of these on Ebay.
Also, should be plenty of radios on Ebay that are not 2 meter ham radios that will function in this capacity.

If I have misunderstood your question and want further dialogue please feel to continue this conversation.

Radiooman

I would never bother limiting yourself with a MURS-only rig. Modify any ham 2 meter mobile and there ya got a 50 watt MURS radio. Take a good 5/8 2 meter mobile antenna and cut/re-tune for 151-154mhz and you're off to the races. Agreed there is no enforcement of the rules so you're never going to be bothered operating short range VHF FM.

Last edited:
Power!

I run 50 to 60w on that band and use two home made 7 Element Yagis
up about 50ft never had any problems here!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated