• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ISO Teaberry Stalker 202 Service manual

Feb 8, 2015
Picked up a stalker and it needs some help. Ive searched the web and the forum but haven't come up with anything for the 202. It has the pc176bd board with the 858 chip, is it possible to cross reference it to a radio with the same board to get it tuned up and aligned? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

The 202 is a am/ssb, base radio, can find info on other models of stalkers but not for this one.

Yes checked them both at cbtricks, it doesn't have any service info just the schematics for the 138/139. Searching the web, still nothing. Havent found any info if it would be in Sams Photofacts either Thanks.

No I did not compare them, the TRC 458 only lists the mic wiring at cbtricks. Supposedly Sams Photo Fact 126/127 might have it but cant confirm it yet.
Thanks for the help.

I just looked at a video of this radio. it looks like the 1st version after the stalker one 4002 version. the 4002 version had a PLL and crystal box in it to make the 23 channel radio into a 40 channel. from the video the 202 has the pll and crystals incorperated into the main board. they had the 4001 for mobile and the 4002 as a base. nice find here.

Yes its a sharp looking radio, 2 issues, it does receive but off frequency and it does not transmit, PA mode shuts the meter lights off like you turned off the radio, unsure if that's normal for an older unit or its linked to the no transmit issue.

clean all the switches with a electronics cleaner then some wd40 or the like to lightly lube them. if that does not help to start some of the problems check and see if it still has all the old caps in it, they will need to be upgraded to new ones. they are over 40 years old. all 10 volt caps need to be upgraded to 16 volts or higher. the caps can cause the same issues as you are talking about.

C179 is a tantalum cap that often goes bad in these 858 chassis. Replace it with an equivalent value electrolytic cap.

Sonoma is also quite right, all/any 10v rated cap should also be replaced.

In general, any tantalum cap on the board is suspect as well. They are electrolytic in nature, just like the can caps are.

It's an old radio; and electrolytic caps are subject to failure. They didn't use high grade caps in this radio when it was produced; this goes for any CB radio as well. If you intend to make this radio a daily driver; then replacing all of the electrolytic caps ensures a better chance for a trouble free future.

I've recently rebuilt an 858 SSB chassis (TRC-458) and replaced all of the electrolytic caps, even all of the tantalums. Klondike Mike (forum member here) sells high grade/quality complete cap kits and will give you a $1 off because you are a forum member. Bought my cap kit from him, and this is how I know what he sells. Good stuff!

Last edited:
C179 was the culprit, still have to do a recap but its working pretty good now Appreciate all the help, thank you!

Reactions: kaos513

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated