• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

January Contest Contacts - Results

binrat

WDX Club Coordinator
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
The Great White north
OK.
This is what I have for contacts:
WDX-853 Mark Brisbane Australia (VKrules)
2 x contacts (with a 3x multipler) = 6

WDX-2222 San Francisco (tba02)
2 x contacts (1 for 3x and 1 for 2x) = 5

Ole Grampa WDX 39zero (Marconi)
3 x contacts ( with 1 for 2x multiplier) = 4

WDX-208 Chuck San Francisco Base (firerunner)
2 x contacts (1 for x3) = 4

WDX704 Rick West Virginia (Big Daddy)
1 x contact = 1

Is the above correct??

Shear contacts without any multiples would be ....we all know. ;) Marconi but with multipliers it works out to be VKrules.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum

One of WDX-390's was a portable contact (me), so he should get that multiplier as I was portable at that time, even if it doesn't change the outcome.

Congrats VK! Until next time (yarrrg!)

Thanks Guys! Despite poor conditions ( much worse than last comp) there was still a lot of contacts to be made, just not many WDX no . How do we get more members involved ?Not to many more chances before the band goes dead,. PS. 6 elements on a 10 meter boom and a bhi audio dsp unit helped a lot.

Reactions: Sideways
Congrats VK!!!(y)
I was in and out all weekend, but my a99 didn't fair too well. made a few contacts, but no wdx members. I'm going to string up my dipole, or come up with something different for the next contest. Was still fun though:)

Way to go VKrules.

I think you were too early for old Grampa or I was on 37 when you were on 39.

I had plenty of DX on Saturday and the North East and Europe were early and the West dominated much of the day. The band stretched out Sunday, and it was poor, sometimes nothing but noise.

Last edited:
Good deal VK!! I wish that more people would participate. I tried early but the conditons were mexico or bust lol!! Seems like they hit it hard on the weekends!!! At any rate good win!!

Congrats VKRULES.

Saturday was South of the Border Disorder here in FL.

By time propagation favored Westward I was able to make a few contacts into West coast but no WDX members, not for lack of trying ( thanks firerunner we gave it a good try).

Had many Dx contacts ask about the contest ( amazing how calling CQ contest on 11 meters gets people's curiosity interested).

I explained about the site and how the site holds 11 meter DX contests all for fun, SO maybe in the future there will be more members and more ops to make contacts.

Congrats again old man.(y)

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated