• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D72 and APRSIS32 works good

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I thought I'd pass on a little note that the APRSIS32 software works really well with the Kenwood TH-D72 connected through the USB port as both a receive only tracker or as an IGate and digipeater. When you configure the port just select the KWD710(APRS) port type. Make sure the radio's APRS modem is off when you start APRSIS because the software wants to start it up. Here is a screen shot of my TH-D72 hooked up to a 2 meter vertical dipole displaying all of the station it is receiving through RF. I'm not digipeating with it in this capture, but I could if I wanted to. I do have iGating turned on.

Attachments

• aprsis th-d72.JPG
    aprsis th-d72.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 370

I thought I'd pass on a little note that the APRSIS32 software works really well with the Kenwood TH-D72 connected through the USB port as both a receive only tracker or as an IGate and digipeater. When you configure the port just select the KWD710(APRS) port type. Make sure the radio's APRS modem is off when you start APRSIS because the software wants to start it up. Here is a screen shot of my TH-D72 hooked up to a 2 meter vertical dipole displaying all of the station it is receiving through RF. I'm not digipeating with it in this capture, but I could if I wanted to. I do have iGating turned on.

Nice, I am going to be getting into this soon. Thanks for posting notes for us to learn by.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated