• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KENWOOD TR-751A 2M All-Mode transceiver

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
I have this nice little TR-751A 2M All-Mode transceiver for sale. I no longer use it since I purchased a TS-2000.

Hot receiver and very good audio both Tx & Rx. 25 watts RF output,TU-7 PL tone board installed, MC48 TTP mic, Kenwood DC power cables & DC power filter, lockable quick-release mobile mount. OP & Service manuals included. Sorry, no OEM box.

8.0 physical condition, 9.0 operational condition. Mic cable is old (dry & brittle) and should be replaced, a new coiled-cable is included in the deal ...

The TR-751A is one of the highest rated 2M All Mode radios ever produced, 4.7 out of 5 on eHam (based on 36 reviews). http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/957

$325.00 Free USA shipping with insurance and tracking if full price is paid, otherwise, buyer to pay shipping.

Prefer payment by USPS Money Order, will consider Pay Pal.

TR2.JPG

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER

I have this nice little TR-751A 2M All-Mode transceiver for sale. I no longer use it since I purchased a TS-2000.

Hot receiver and very good audio both Tx & Rx. 25 watts RF output,TU-7 PL tone board installed, MC48 TTP mic, Kenwood DC power cables & DC power filter, lockable quick-release mobile mount. OP & Service manuals included. Sorry, no OEM box.

8.0 physical condition, 9.0 operational condition. Mic cable is old (dry & brittle) and should be replaced, a new coiled-cable is included in the deal ...

The TR-751A is one of the highest rated 2M All Mode radios ever produced, 4.7 out of 5 on eHam (based on 36 reviews). http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/957

$325.00 Free USA shipping with insurance and tracking if full price is paid, otherwise, buyer to pay shipping.

Prefer payment by USPS Money Order, will consider Pay Pal.

View attachment 13416

Hi, I am interested in the TR-751A what do I do now? my first time on here. I only use PayPal. KA0TLW

Last edited:
That's one thing I have not understood, two meter ssb is available but no body uses that mode. I have a IC746 also. It was my second radio purchase my first was a Yaesu ft890 and it came with the FT2100b amplifier. Hooked it up and tested one time and have not used it since.
I went radio crazy for a while and bought an IC-7100 and a ft-857. I have all kinds of HT's I don't use.

That's one thing I have not understood, two meter ssb is available but no body uses
I dont understand either? 2m ssb can be a ton of fun especially with tropo! Locally we are trying to change this lack of activity. A small group of about 5-6 started a weekly rag chew on Thursday nights a few months back. Last night we broke a new record with 13 in the log. A couple guys have picked up some old 2m ssb equipment just to get on air. Coupe other guys have built loops just to get horizontal. Its awesome to see a little enthusiasm for an otherwise dead part of the spectrum.
Welcome aboard rb-250

I always have preferred SSB to any other mode. I transmitted on FM a couple of times up at 29,600 MHz did not get any response except once. They were out in Washington State. I could not believe that my IC746 made that trip on FM mode.

29.600 can surprise you sometimes. Last cycle about 6-7 yrs ago I was monitoring 29.600 and heard a station from Spain. +20.. dude sounded like he was sitting in town with me. If that wasn't enough, he asked me to checkout his ustream page while we were chatting. I pulled it up and heard my self live in Spain at his qth. Really cool experience and I will never forget it. Kinda cool to hear the 2-3 second delay it took to get online and back to me across the pond.

I am for the most part an ICOM Man but I have owned Three of the TR-751A mobiles & the receiver is better than anything I have ever owned or used.I have owned many other brands & models & I currently use an ICOM 275A & I like it very much but it still does not hear as well as the Kenwood TR-751A. If you keep your eyes open on QTH.com you will find one every so often.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Woody-202
I had always thought that FM wouldn't skip like that. At one point the FCC was talking about making CB radios FM so the would not have worry about the 150 mile rule.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated