• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood Ts430s cooling fan reference voltage change

The Mad Scientist

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 24, 2012
Northeast Pa
Hi all, I am wondering if I can call on someone's wisdom here. I am looking to modify the point at which the fan comes on by way of changing the comparator's reference voltage. I have come across the modification for the Kenwood Ts440 by adding roughly 800 ohms of resistance. This was done by replacing r27 the 2.2k resistor to a 3k ohm thus allowing the fan to come on at about 10 degrees cooler.

Looking further into the schematic it looks to be R36 a 3.3k ohm at the + input...But I am not sure on this.

On the 430s circuit is similar but different. I am wondering if someone with a better knowledge of this circuit could guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you could offer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?