• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

keydowns... fighting sticks vs. coils

B

buckwhite

i know this has probably been covered in a previous topic but here goes. please keep this limited to 1/4 wave antennas. i have been experimenting with a directional antenna setup on my pickup. for ride around antennas i am using a monkey made with around 8" shaft ( cant remember and too lazy to measure right now) for the hot antenna and a predator dual coil with very long shaft ( 20 something inches) for the reflector. i also have a pair of fighting sticks i am experimenting with. i get the most gain with the monkey made in hot position and a fighting stick on the back. this is just slightly higher than running the dual coils. is this normal over using 2 fighting sticks or maybe my spacing is off a little? i was told by a very knowledgeable person to run the sticks 6 feet apart, no more no less. is this just making it easy on myself as to not have to take a lot of time to get just a little more gain by using different spacings? if thats what it is then i am willing to invest the time and effort. any info is appreciated. even if you think you cant help answer the questions then please post which you prefer and why. thanks... L8ter

CDX-316

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.