• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lazybones is out of the closet

Lazybones1222

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Tampa Bay Florida
No no no - not THAT..... I am no longer JUST a renegade CB operator, I am now a Tech Class Ham operator. I know - snickers abound. Plan on the general in a few weeks.

Later,
Jeff

CCOL

CONGRADS JEFF!!! Hope to hear you on soon...start re-tweaking those antennas for 10m's and get up a few dipoles if you can... you kick open the door to more RADIOFUN...welcome abroad.(y)
All the Best
BJ

Hello guys,,,I was thinking of taking my Ham test (no code) at the next
coming ham fest.Just curious,How many questions is on the new (no code)
test??? I probably wont jump right into it right away.I understand the
equiptment is alot more expensive,that our little cb hobby stuff.But
id like to go ahead and get the license away,just to say i have them.

Hello guys,,,I was thinking of taking my Ham test (no code) at the next
coming ham fest.Just curious,How many questions is on the new (no code)
test??? I probably wont jump right into it right away.I understand the
equiptment is alot more expensive,that our little cb hobby stuff.But
id like to go ahead and get the license away,just to say i have them.

Congrats to you as well Jeff!:cool: Its good to hear your'e also going to upgrade.;) BTW whats your call.:confused:

Pathfinder-there are 35 questions on the Element 2 Tech Exam. 74% is a pass. Get some study material and take the plunge! (y)It's really not that difficult.:rolleyes:You can take practice tests from the current question pool for Element 2 (Tech), 3 (General) and 4(Extra) at Eham.com and QRZ.com to name a few. Study the material and take the tests online and when you can score in the upper 80's/low 90's you should be ready for the actual test. It's important that you understand the material so that if you come to a question you are unsure of at least you will be able to use the process of elimination to get a correct answer.

Study hard and Good Luck!

Wayne C.

I thought there are more like 175 questions give or take a few ........but it's done by pulling 35 questions for the test (Question pool).Either way
it's not that hard. good luck

...start re-tweaking those antennas for 10m's... you kick open the door to more RADIOFUN...welcome abroad.(y)
All the Best
BJ
he doesn't have to retweak for 10m.....sounds as good there as 27.385 LSB & his ole stomping channel....have talked to him on all 3 ;-)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?