• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LDG AT 1000Pro 2. or MFJ 998 to use in the mobile with Yeasu FT450D

Mudduckmobile

Oct 5, 2015
S.W. Washington Coast
Of the two units which one would work best in a mobile with the Yeasu FT450D. The ATU would be used after my amp.
FT450D, Amp, ATU, Antenna.
This install will be in my new 2014 ram 1500 pick up, and will be used mobile...
I like the LDG, but it looks like the MFJ will "tune" lower on the fly were as the LDG looks like you can set de falt swr but 1.7 is where it want s to be ???
Thank you.

Didn't see a reply, but I can offer an opinion. I had the MFJ-998 for a while and was not satisfied with it as it frequently misread SWR readings and would not tune frequencies that my barefoot K3 would. I ultimately sold the tuner. My only experience with LDG was with the tuner for the Yaesu FT-897 and that tuner worked great. As a result, I would probably lean toward the LDG.

I think 1.7:1 is just the default setting. You can raise or lower that setting I would venture to say. And I've always heard good things abour the LDG tuners. Wouldn't touch MFJ with a 10ft pole. Their QC on a lot of their products is just plain shitty!! Read the Eham reviews and also some videos that might compare the 2. Or one of each and you can make your mind up as to which one works best. But I would consider the LDG tuner first. JMHO. Good luck with whatever you choose and have fun in your mobile. But be safe doing it!!
73 and God Bless
Sean

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
Why are you looking at the LDG 1000 Pro for mobile? How much power are you planning on running? The standard Y-100 would be fine if you're staying at the 100w level. I used a LDG I-100 in the car with an Icom 706MKIIG feeding a 17meter ham stick. It worked good.

Didn't see a reply, but I can offer an opinion. I had the MFJ-998 for a while and was not satisfied with it as it frequently misread SWR readings and would not tune frequencies that my barefoot K3 would. I ultimately sold the tuner. My only experience with LDG was with the tuner for the Yaesu FT-897 and that tuner worked great. As a result, I would probably lean toward the LDG.
Thank you, I am going with the LDG.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated